25 September 2018

Red Rose - embossing, multi-stamping, glitter stamping


My rose filled card features stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, embossing, layered stamping with masking, and glitter stamping.

Putting It Together

While I was at work yesterday, I was pondering the challenge from Kraftin' Kimmie for black and white plus one colour and the sketch from Outlawz. I was a bit fixated on red being my +1 because it's one of my favourite colours. Then this idea popped into my head. 



To create a mask to let me stamp multiples close together, I stamped the image on a Post-it.


I then fussy cut around the image and cut two more from Post-It using this one as a guide.


When stamping next to other roses, I masked the ones already there. When placing a stamp that already has ink on it, I use a piece of clear plastic packaging. I put the plastic on the panel then place the stamp. After I pick up the stamp on the Misti door, I remove the plastic. This lets me do smudgeless placement.


I stamped and embossed a panel of white roses on black.


I then stamped black scrap of the same cardstock with glue.


After letting the glue get tacky, I covered it with red microfine glitter for my one red rose.


For the lace, I used three dies of Spellbinders border set and a pearl white strip. After cutting the three stacked with my regular cutting plates, I removed the single cutline die and ran the strip with the other two with the Precision base plate to ensure the intricate pieces were fully cut. 


The sketch from Outlawz inspired the layout of my card.


I die cut an oval from the white rose panel and a slightly larger oval from black. I did a dry layout using a red rose I had embossed (but didn't like as much as the red glitter).


I used a smaller oval cut from vellum for my sentiment stamped in red. The clear red enamel dots were some I got from a destash garage sale hosted by a local scrapbooking store. They added the finishing touch. The central black matted oval is popped up with foam mounting tape as is the red rose.


Inside, I die cut a pearl white panel and stamped it with the same deep red as the sentiment on the front.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Black and White Plus One Colour
Outlawz Wednesday Sketch: 19 Sept
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Stamping Technique
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes
Always Fun: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. a gorgeous card Rijacki!! Thanks for Joining the Sketch challenge this week again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully done, Rijacki! And thanks for all the steps! That is wonderful you take the time to show us how you made such a gorgeous card! I really love the black, red, and white!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.