26 September 2018

Cider - coloured pencil, die cutting


Some people look forward to Autumn for pumpkin spice. Me, I look forward to the spiced mulled apple cider. To me, it's the perfect cup of comforting yum. My apple-icious card features a Newton's Nook stamp set and die cuts with Koh-i-Noor pencil colouring.


Putting It Together

Mmmmm mulled cider. Perfect for a cold morning or a cold evening or anytime you need a snuggle in a cup. 



I stamped the cup on MiTeintes and coloured the cup of joy with Koh-i-Noor pencils. I got this set a couple months ago at a garage sale hosted by a local scrapbooking store. I figured I couldn't lose at $3, especially if you consider that's $3 Canadian. The comparison prices written on the box were from the former owner. I rather like how these pencils feel. They sharpen like a dream, too. I am more than pleased with my $3 purchase.


I used a scalloped die to trim the image and other dies to cut the rest of the elements for the card. The oval was actually left over from another project, perfect for this one. I also used scraps of foiled papers for the apple and leaf.


I used Distress ink and blender tool to edge my apply-y background.


I stamped the sentiment with a rusty clay coloured ink and assembled my card on a kraft card base.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment and an apple from the set. Have a delicious day!



Supplies


Challenges

Inky Paws: Fabulous Fall
Your Next Stamp: Fall Fun
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter: Colours of Autumn
Crafty Friends: Autumn Colours
Creative Moments: Autumn Colours
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Fall Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Apple cider is the perfect drink for autumn and makes for a fabulous autumn card! So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "autumn colours” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cider and all those apples fits in perfectly for the fall challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic autumn card!Love the coloring on the craft paper!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
    Hugs
    Kleri DT
    http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.