08 September 2018

Autumn Leaf - stencilling and masking, embossing


Autumn is my second favourite season. I love the vibrant colours in the changing of the leaves and am so happy I live in an area with spectacular displays of those changing leaves. My Autumn card features stamps and inks from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and a stencil/mask from Dyan Reaveley.

Putting It Together

One of the challenges for the Kraftin' Kimmie Inky Weekend is to make an inky background. My thoughts turned to a set of stencil/masks I have in my stash which includes as a large leaf. I decided to combine it with Kraftin' Kimmie inks.



The Dyan Reaveley set has masks to fit into the stencil. I arranged the leaf stencil and mask on a Bristol panel and anchored it in place with Post-Its.


I removed the mask to reveal the leaf shape.


I used the blending tool to add the Pumpkin Patch ink. I intentionally made it blotchy rather than smooth to emulate real leaves.


I used a stippling brush to add Raspberry Rose.


I also added Marvelous Mocha with the stippling brush.


I put removable adhesive on the back of the leaf mask and put it into place in the stencil.


I then removed the stencil to reveal the clean card.


I used the stippling brush to add Yummy Yellow, brushing from the leaf out to be darker at the left edge and surround the leaf in a halo.


To finish the inking, I used a blender to distress the edges of the panel with Marvelous Mocha.


I used gold embossing to add the sentiment to the front. Even though I had heat set it before stamping the Versamark, the embossing powder stuck to some of the Krafty ink as a light fuzz around the stamping. At first, I was devastated, but then I realized it added an interesting texture. After embossing, I added dusting of embossing powder to other parts of the panel.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment and a vine of leaves.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Inky Weekend: Inky Background
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Crafty Friends: Embossing
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Hello Thanks for sharing another one of your cards with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your Autumn Leaf card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Embossing’ theme… lovely sentiment too... good luck in the draw and please join us again.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.