18 December 2016

Winter Snow


Snow has a bit of magic and wonder, so pretty, so white, so sparkly.

Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Let There Be Snow
More Mixed Media challenge: White
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Winter
Dies R Us: Snow
The Crafter's Cafe: Use Ribbon
Scor-Pal: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

I love winter and I love snow. I love the sparkle and the peaceful quiet of a snowy day. Just drive safely!


To make the embellishments, I attached adhesive sheet to vellum.



Using the Precision base plate and Big Shot, I die cut the word Winter and some snowflakes.


I removed the release paper and used a release paper scrap as a handle on the sticky die cut.


I dumped on glitter (Teal on the word, Cool Diamond on the snowflakes), then brushed off the excess. I finger burnished the glittered die cut.



The vellum allows the transparency of the glitter to show through.


I used the Simon Says Stamp Stiched Swirls to create a background with Neenah metallic paper. I dry fit the card front.


I cut a 5.5" x 8.5" panel and scored it at 4.25" and 2.875" to make an easel card base.


I used glue dots on the snow flakes and word since the glue dots are mostly clear and the glitter on them is semi opaque.


To make an easel card, I adhered the bottom of the front panel to the lower portion of the card base.


The closed card shows off the wintery snow.


I added a sentiment to the front of the inside of the card and a ribbon decoration to also hold the easel open.


5 comments:

  1. WOW what a fabulous creation! LOVE all the sparkle and your design is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SNOW’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the vellum snowflakes are wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work; I love the swirls of the snowflakes. We hope you join us again at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun fold...such pretty snowflakes too. That background is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.