11 December 2016

Bring on the Fun!


This owl is bringing the fun to the party!



Challenges

Art Impressions: Shake a Little
The Colour Throwdown: Navy, hot pink, turquoise, and orange
The Paper Shelter: Birthday Card
Fab 'n' Funky: Make Someone Smile
Try It On Tuesday: Celebrate
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Pennys Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes

Supplies



Putting It Together

I wanted to do another colour block Distress Ink panel for this card, but the card making took me in a different direction than I thought I was going when I started.


I started with putting 4 generous swipes of colours on my plastic work surface. I spritzed them with a Mini Mister filled with water and a bit of Confetti White Perfect Pearls to give the resulting panel a little shimmer.


I laid the watercolour cardstock on the ink and patted the back of the panel to get it fully coloured. I carefully lifted the panel and the resulting colour blocks were gorgeous and vibrant, but..


I noticed there was still a lot of ink on my work surface and it hadn't mixes to a sludgy brown. So, I decided to get a second panel. The resulting panel reminded me of confetti and a birthday card bloomed in my head.


I painted up the Birthday Whoot from Art Impressions using the same colours on the hat and adding browns for the body. I decided not to use his branch so left it uncoloured.


I fussy cut the owl and added a wobble thingy to the back.


I dry fit the wobbly owl on the panel and smiled. I could also cover the splotch I didn't like as much *chuckle*


I die cut "happy birthday" from black glitter paper with multi-colour flecks. Dry fit with the owl, I was pleased with the look.


Before attaching the front panel, I stamped the inside. I used a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp and masked the owl to stamp just the hat. I used 4 colours on the stamps to match the front. I also added some squiggles of Picked Raspberry. 


After affixing the front panel pieces, I added an enamel dot as the dot of the "i" for a bit of fun.


The owl has a fun wobble as well as being popped out with dimension.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, love the little owl, he looks like he loves having fun, thanks for playing along with our birthday blog hop challenge over at The Paper Shelter, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow, and hoot, I love your card and that back ground you've designed is wonderful, I love the colours you've used those inks are so pretty and what a great idea very creative. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.

    Hugs
    Kathie PPCC~DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What s cool background! Very fun take on the colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the wobbly owl and the background looks Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun birthday card! I love the little owl's tilted head! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card I love the sweet image and background. Thanks for joining us at TPS good luck with the Challenge and Blog Hop. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is soooo cool!!!! Amazing card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. Great ! Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great card!
    Love what you did with the inside of the card and the backround too!

    Thank you for joining us at the Papershelter challengeblog!

    Hugz
    Monique dt TPS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun charming card. Thanks for helping us celebrate our birthday over at the Paper Shelter.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fun Birthday card, such a fabulous design.
    Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.