25 December 2016

Santa's Helper


Santa's helper wishing you a Happy Holidays!

Challenges

Kit and Clowder 2016 Advent Calendar: Colouring challenge
The Sketchy challenges: Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge extra: Anything Goes Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

Noxine sponsored one of the days of the Kit and Clowder 2016 Advent Calendar with a lovely freebie image. 


I painted the image in traditional Christmas colours. I added puffy snow marker to the collar, a small bit of sparkle to the edges of her robe and the ribbon of the present she carries. A bit of Glossy Accents shines up the belt.

The snow marker is fun. I used a toothpick to apply it to control where it went on the small collar. While applying it looks like a white paint, but when heat is added, it puffs up. I thought this would be great for a fuzzy collar.


I decided to use one of the Graphic 45 papers as the background and matted Santa's Helper with a textured gold.


I used some scrap from the Graphic 45 paper to add a detail to the inside of the card that I otherwise left blank.


I recently bought a set of vertical sentiments and the tall Santa's helper works perfectly with this.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice cration. I love the Background paper!

    Thanks for playing along with our current challenge at The Sketchy challenges and good luck!

    Merry Christmas and hugs
    Doris

    *DT* The Sketchy Challenges
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    Blog-owner Do-Al(l) Kreatives

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.