09 December 2016

Ready, Set, Snow!


"Snowpocolypse" has descended on south-west BC. Well, actually, just snow in the lower mainland, an area that rarely gets any that stays longer than a few hours, usually getting washed away with rain. It snowed on Monday and it stuck around. It's snowing and windy today making driving conditions dicey, especially in a place that doesn't get snow often and so most people don't have the proper tires, etc. I'm taking a 'work from home' day from my day job, and so are a lot of my co-workers.


So, why not embrace it and enjoy it? Yay! Snow! The mousie agrees with me and is gleeful about the snow.


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Paper Piecing
52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Previous 2016 Challenge (March Technique: Paper Piecing)
Crazy 4 Challenges: S.T.A.R. (S = Snowflake, snow, snuggly, scarf; T = Taupe, tooth; A = Animal; R = Red)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Ice Inspiration
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps: Christmas / Winter
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge: Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

Supplies



Putting It Together

What better way to get a velvety texture on an image than to paper piece it? Snuggly wuggly coat and scarf.


To do paper piecing, stamp the image on your regular card and again on to the paper you want to piece in. Fussy cut the section of the image you want to piece. I stamped the coat and ear muffs from velvety red paper suede. I stamped the scarf from velvety green .


I dry fit the pieced pieces before colouring the image. I also pieced a linen-look metallic grey as the top part of the earmuffs.


I painted the mouse with Distress Ink before gluing on the pieced papers. I also added glittery Stickles Star Dust to the snowball to give it sparkle.  I painted shadowing on the red cut pieces to give more depth.


I decided to use the KKS December sketch for the layout.


I trimmed the image and dry fit it on a card base with other elements I decided to use. I had Glitterstock snowflakes left over from an earlier project, 2 patterned papers that were festive and fun, as well as the snowflake ribbon.


I also had some snowflake embossed white silver paper which I decided to use inside the card. I used the Misti to line up and stamp the sentiment.


I used the Xyron to add the die cut snowflakes.





6 comments:

  1. what an adorable card. Love your mouse! Thank you so much for entering our Anything goes challenge this week and looking forward to seeing you again next week.
    Linda DT TTCRD
    Ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little mouse! I love your card! Thanks for joining the Just for Fun challenge! We hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. an adorable card, luv the cute image and your mix of patterns! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little mouse! He sure is finding some winter fun! I love the cheerful combo of papers (I think I have that paper pack!)

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Just for Fun Rubber stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a really cute little mouse! He's having such fun. Nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this month! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs, Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.