04 December 2016

Noel Shake


A Christmas tree for an ornament, but not just any ornament, a shaker with sparkling glitter.

Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: O Christmas Tree
The Paper Shelter: Christmas
Crafty Cardmakers: Anything But a Card
Christmas Cards All Year 'Rount: Anything Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything Christmas
Emerald Creek: Winter Wishes
Your Next Stamp: Colours
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

After getting the Christmas Tree Peel-Offs at a local shop yesterday (Country Lane), I had the thought of putting one into a shaker ornament, this shaker ornament.


For a previous project I had die cut a fun foam ring that I ended up not using. I decided to make it part of the foundation for this project. I used the ring to decide which tree to use of the peel-off sheet.


The fun foam is adhesive backed but only on one side, so I needed to use an adhesive to adhere the foam ring to the acetate window. While this dried, I went on with other parts of the creation.


I die cut a beaded ring and the word Noël for the back of the ornament. I popped- up the silver foiled beaded ring with foam adhesive circles until the 'beads'. For Noël, I used a scrap of red suede backed with adhesive sheet. I left the cut in the die, removed the release paper, and then used the die to help with placement, especially of the pesky little dots over the "e".


To enhance the beaded circle, I added Christmas Red Stickles to each. The glittery dots look like jewels, especially against the silver foiled cardstock.


Once dry, I trimmed the excess acetate from the foam ring.


I added a ribbon loop to the front green velvet/suede ring.


I added the peel-off tree to the front of the acetate before adding the green top ring over the red foam.


It's easiest to fill a shaker by dumping the glitter or other shaker material into a well made with the foam and either the front or back. I added in a generous amount of red and green chunky glitter. I then removed the release paper on the fun foam and added the back.



8 comments:

  1. Great project and I love all the sparkle and shine. Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your glittery ornaments, they're so pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your glittery ornaments, they're so pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ornament, thanks for the tutorial on how to make it. Also thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Glenda
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ornament love the colour choice and our design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty idea! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Thank you for sharing your process with us, too! thank you for sharing this in our Winter Wishes challenge at Emerald Creek Dares! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! You really can't go wrong with glitter and a shaker card!! And I love that it is double sided, so now matter which side is showing, you have something pretty to look at. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.