02 February 2020

ATC Jan 2020 Kawaii - alcohol marker + mixed techniques


In January, I joined the ATC swap from the Sweet Sentiment Facebook group. The theme was Kawaii. I could have made one design for all of them, but what fun in that? Along with the theme, the other rules were ATC size (3 1/2" x 2 1/2") and they needed to have some colouring on them. I used all alcohol markers in a combination of Copic, Spectrum Noir, and Nuvo. I used mostly physical stamps with one digi. Along with the alcohol marker colouring, I used a variety of techniques and added Nuvo drops to most of the ATCs for a bit of tactile dimension.

Putting It Together

I have been buying Copics and Spectrum Noir markers mostly second-hand with a few new purchases when I find good sales. Last year Tonic Studios offered their alcohol markers in some bundles and I bought several sets to expand my colour selection of alcohol markers. Since I am a very colour oriented person, this expansion of colour along with classes from Sweet Sentiment gave me a lot more confidence in colouring with alcohol ink. I'm still learning, but I have definitely advanced my skills with the medium and feel a lot better about how it looks. To keep this post shorter, some of the ATCs have their own full post and a separate post for the exact supply lists, too.


Coffee



This is the one digital stamp I used in the set of ATCs. The Coffee Lovers set is from Drawn By Krista and exhibits the personalities of various styles of coffee.


I used Nuvo alcohol markers to colour the digi on Sweet Sentiment premium paper. I used Nuvo drops on the Bold cup for a pebbly textured cup. Supplies

Hockey


I live in Canada, of course I have a set with a hockey puck *laugh* The stamp set is from Your Next Stamp which is a Canadian company!


I used Nuvo alcohol markers with one Copic and a metallic gel pen. I added Nuvo drops to the hocky stick. I used a background I had made for a different project with alcohol ink on Yupo for a chilly edging. Supplies

Soda


I used a Simon Says Stamp set for the whimsical sodas. 


I used a fistful of markers, most of them Nuvo to colour the fizzy drinks with Nuvo drops on the bottle caps. 

Pizza


Another ATC using the Simon Says Stamp set.


Nuvo alcohol markers with Nuvo drops on the pepperoni.

Leia


Leia is part of a Star Wars inspired troll set from Craftin' Desert Divas. Sadly the stamp company is no longer in business (the artist/proprietor retired) but the set is darling.


I used Copic markers with accents of Spectrum Noir metallic marker. I tried to think of how to add drops to keep with my own theme, but nothing came to mind. Supplies

Rainbow


The Rainbow troll is part of another Craftin' Desert Divas set, Weather Trolls. How else would we get rainbows other than a little trollette on a cloud with a paintbrush?


I coloured the trollette with a mixture of alcohol makers, Copic, Spectrum Noir, and Nuvo.


I covered the coloured image with a mask then used Ranger alcohol inks with a paintbrush to loosely paint on the rainbow then covered it with Marabu rainbow alcohol ink. I have a separate post for this ATC which also has the supplies: ATC Rainbow Troll

Sunshine


The Weather Trolls has several adorable weather icons. I used masking to arrange them.


Once more I used Nuvo alcohol markers to colour the images. I used Nuvo drops on the rain drops and sponged on Distress Ink for the background. Supplies

Hedgie


While I was making the ATCs, the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps January krafty kit arrived. In the kit was an adorable hedgehog stamp set, Happy Hedgehogs. I had also received the TEOH (Teal Envelope of Happiness - the Sweet Sentiment class kit) with a wonderful mandala stencil. *swoon* I love stencils.


I used the Distress marker poofer (my name for it) with Copic markers to airbrush through the stencil with the hedgie covered by a mask.


I then coloured the Hedgie with Copics for a very happy, colourful ATC. A separate post details the steps and supplies: ATC Hedgie 

Typewriter


Last, but not least, the one ATC in portrait vs landscape orientation. The stamp set is from Simon Says Stamp, Foodie Friends. Not sure why a typewriter is on a foodie set, but, it's adorable.


I used a mixture of Copic and Nuvo alcohol markers to colour the happy typewriter and Nuvo drops on the keys for a tactile effect. Supplies

Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.