07 February 2020

Happiness is Reading - alcohol marker, masking, stencilling


I have always been a book lover. As a young girl, It was not uncommon to find me curled up with a book, with or without my cat nearby. This young reader from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is coloured with alcohol markers, Copic and Nuvo. The background is stencilled with Kraftin' Kimmie stencils and inks.


Putting It Together 

I didn't want to fussy cut my coloured image, so I fussy cut a stencil instead *laugh*



I stamped the image with the light coloured Totally Taupe for a "no lines" effect and then coloured using Copic and Nuvo markers. It's handy that the different alcohol makers will work together. The Nuvo markers are cheaper than Copics, so I can have a wider range of colours as I slowly build up my collection of Copics.


I fussy cut a mask so I could protect the image while stencilling the background.


I put the panel on a sheet of Press and Seal to hold it in place and covered the top with the plastic packaging from the stamp set, pressing the ends into the Press and Seal. I then used a makeup brush to add the ink, Creamy Caramel and Marvelous Mocha.


I moved my plastic packaging mask to cover the wood floor to add bricks to the wall with Purple Pansy.


The stencilling all done with the mask still in place.


Peeling back the mask to reveal the magic. Side note, Hammermill is not the best paper to use if you're going to use masking paper. It can pull up the top layer of the paper which is not a good thing.


To finish up, I added a sentiment from another Kraftin' Kimmie set as well as a hashtag sentiment. I trimmed and mounted the panel on a kraft card base for a light matting.


 Inside, I stamped the reading girl from the other set and another sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Use two of more stamp sets
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine
Tuesday Throwdown: Create Your Own Background
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenges: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sentiment, Kate! I just love it! This sweet little image fits perfectly! It's been raining all week and that's just what I wish I was doing!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, Kate! Happiness definitely is reading and getting lost in a book. Love that beautifully coloured image. My daughter is the librarian at her school and this card would be absolutely perfect for her. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing this week for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.