08 February 2020

Zen - alcohol marker, stencilling, foiling


It's Day THREE day of February Krafty Peeks at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!
It's the FINAL day of peeks and everything you've seen us share this week will be in the online shop on Sunday afternoon! We are closing things out with a brand new adorable stamp set from artist Neda Sadreddin called.... THAT'S A WRAP!



Check out this calm and relaxed lady! Make a peaceful creation for someone who deserves a break! There are some main images, a lot of extra accessory stamps plus some fabulous sentiment stamps!

My card showcasing this fabulous set comes from the Kraftin' Kimmie February Krafty Kit! The kit every month comes with a stamp set from the month's release, a new stencil, a new ink, and new enamel dots. I used the ink, stencil, and the meditating girl from the set to make my card using alcohol ink and foiling.


Putting It Together

When I got the February kit, this calm scene popped in my head. The ink and stencil made the perfect background to a hillside meditation. 



To foil the stencil, I used transfer gel, spreading it over the stencil, using Press & Seal to hold the paper and the stencil in place.


While the transfer gel dried, I created the scene. I used a pencil to make the hillside then arranged the stamps. I used Party Peach to do a 'no lines' colouring.


I used Copic markers to colour the scene. I left the sky blank because I intended to fussy cut the hillside scene to put with the stencilled background. 


With the transfer gel dry and transparent, I used the new Magical Midnight with a makeup brush to colour the sky.


I trimmed Summer Rainbow DecoFoil to cover the stencilled panel before running it through my laminator.


The magic happens when you take the foil sheet off and reveal the pretty.


After fussy cutting the hill scene and trimming the foiled panel, I added a sentiment and then adhered the hill to the background. I added the finished scene to a cardbase made with long-retired Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy and was amused to see what a close match it is for the Magical Midnight ink. Love that colour!

It's tough to get a good picture with foil since it is so reflective. The colours look even more fantastic in person.


Inside, I added another sentiment and some of the small items.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Create Your Own Background
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafter's Cafe: Anything Goes
Crafty Friends: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Challenges.
    Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW what an amazing scene! Those clouds are so beautiful - reminds me of a night sky at sunset. So glad you shared your steps with us too. I've been wondering how that foil stuff is used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and relaxing...such a fun card! We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! That foil is fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

    ~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.