08 February 2020

Mrs Claus - alcohol marker, die cuts, stencil


Mrs. Claus offering fresh-baked cookies from a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, is the focus of my Christmas card with Copic colouring, Prima Marketing flowers, Karen Burniston framing, and Joy Craft's signpost all on Graphic 45 paper.


Putting It Together

I love the look of foil and foiled paper even if it's a PITA to photograph. (PITA = pain in the...)



I die cut the holly frame from gingham foiled cardstock to see if it would work with Mrs Claus. I like the way the foil gingham looks with the frame bits, a bit of subtle whimsy.


I stamped the image with Totally Taupe on Neenah cardstock and masking paper. I covered the stamped image to add a stencilled background.


I used a  blending brush with the new Trippy Triangles stencil and Bubbly Blue ink for a soft background


I used Copic markers to colour the image with a 'no lines' technique.


I used another Karen Burniston frame set behind the holy frame. The solid frame was longer, so I cut it in the middle to fit and have an easy gold background for the holly.


I used glitter drops and jewel drops as accents and give her glasses some dimension.


It was late night Thursday so I did a dry fit with a sentiment stamped on the framed image, trimmed patterned paper, kraft cardbase, and poinsettias. I liked it, but thought it needed something more.


After work Friday, I remembered the North Pole sign I recently bought. I used a blending stick with Creamy Caramel to for the wood of the sign.


I put it together and the sign was just the right finishing touch.


Inside, I added two stripes from a scrap of the patterned paper to frame another sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Christmas: Mr or Mrs Claus
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Cute
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Floral Frenzy
Crafty Gals Corner: Winter Fun
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card with great striped paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.