02 February 2020

ATC Hedgie - alcohol marker, airbrush, stencil, masking


This cute little hedgie peeking through flowers is part of a Kraftin' Kimmie set. The stencil for the background is from Sweet Sentiment. The colour is from Copic markers. They're all brought together on an ATC.

Putting It Together 

This is one of a group of ATCs I made for a swap in January. I made each of the cards unique. To see the rest, check out my blog post: ATC Jan 2020 Kawaii.


I stamped the image on to a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" panel and created a mask by stamping the image on masking paper and fussy cutting it. All those little hearts and flowers!


I put the card on a sheet of Press and Seal to hold it in place then positioned the stencil over the image, pressing it into the Press and Seal, too.


After covering the image with the mask, I used the Distress marker air poofer (not the real name, just how think of it) with Copic markers to poof little dots of ink in an airbrush technique.


 I used several colours and kept the colour poofs loose.


Taking off the mask is always a little stressful. Will anything have seeped under? Can I get all the mask bits off without damaging the paper? But it's a lovely way to do a background.


I used more Copic markers to colour the hedgie and hearts.


I used even more Copics to colour the flowers. Most of my markers have been bought second-hand so I have a mixture of Sketch, Original, and Ciao. I grow my stash when I can find them for lower prices.


I trimmed the panel then matted it with a pink plaid to amp up the cute.


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Skrappy (anything but a card)
Outlawz Crash Your Stash: Stencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.