09 February 2020

You & Me - emboss resist, die cutting


Hugs and Kisses for you and me :) My card features emboss resist using an Impression Obsession background stamp and Distress marker with Impression Obsession die cuts and Stampin' Up papers.


Putting It Together

I like experimenting with different supplies and techniques even when I don't have a specific project in mind. I put the 'backgrounds' in a box to hold for another day. I accumulated quite a few over the past few months. 


Today I spent some time sorting that box and reminding myself of some of the things I had made. One of them gave me an idea for the card I made today.



In July 2019, I embossed a panel with a background stamp and hot pink powder.


I then used the Distress Spritzer with Distress markers to add blues.


I used a few blues and blue-greens to add colour.


After wiping the embossing with a cloth, the colour remained. I tossed it into my box and forgot it until today.


The colours in the embossing and Distress ink gave me an idea. I die cut the sentiments and found papers and ribbon in my stash that looked good with the embossed panel to do a dry fit to see to see it coming together. I used a glittered cardstock for the xoxo and foiled cardstock for the "You & Me" for a tiny bit of glitz.


I used the light blue as a card base and added everything with a glue pen and tape runner for a simple, elegant card. I decided to do a side fold mostly because I already had a panel cut and only have one other uncut sheet of the paper (I think I need to order some, it's a very pretty colour).


Inside, I added another xoxo die-cutting in silver leaving the rest blank for a handwritten sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Impression Obsession: Hugs & Kisses 
Dies R Us: XOXO
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: With Love
Incy Wincy: Love Love Love
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Love
Try It On Tuesday: Share the Love
Creative Moments: Love

2 comments:

  1. I love how you coloured this and your sentiment says more than 'I love you' Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing how you made the pretty background. Great design. Thanks for taking time to link up with us at Dies R Us Challenge Challenge Blog.We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.