01 February 2020

Rosalind's Gift - Sheepski Designs, alcohol marker


February is a month of love and friendship, hearts and flowers, and also my birthday month. For February, the theme for the Sheepski Design challenge blog is Hearts and/or Flowers. My inspiration project features Rosalind's Gift, one of the freebie's available in the Facebook Group.

SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group

Putting It Together

I'm getting better with alcohol markers! Or at least I am not hating my colouring with them now. I still have a long way to go, but I finally broke through to understand them more. Jamie's classes at Sweet Sentiment helped a lot. I started with Kit and Clowder's classes and they did help, but Jamie's classes was a mental unlock for me. Kit and Clowder gave me the mental unlock for coloured pencils. I'm not an expert in any of these, but I am getting better at them :)



I used Copic markers to colour Rosalind and the dragonfly giving her a gift. I had a 'blop' of green marker leak on her leg but was able to calmly fix it enough that I didn't throw her away and then mostly covered it with a flower on the card.


I had in mind putting the fairy and her friend in a garden. I looked through my stash and these sang to me, both paper and flowers from Prima Marketing.


I trimmed the patterned paper and distressed the edges and matted it with some Stampin' Up paper. I die-cut a sentiment from glittery cardstock and added Nuvo Aqua Shimmer to the wings of both for a bit of sparkle. I also added metallic gel pen to her necklace. I used a kraft cardbase because it felt right with the colours giving a more muted backing.


Inside, I used another sheet from the same paper pad leaving it blank for a personal sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Monday: All Loved Up
Outlawz Saturday Paper ala Mode: Valentines
Pearly Sparkles: Include Some Red
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rijaki, your colouring is beautiful - I think you are too hard on yourself. A beautifully created background to show that pretty image off perfectly.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous and girly, love this Rijacki!
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.