05 September 2019

Life is a Circus - alcohol ink, gift box, art crayon, emboss resist


For an Art Nuvo style gift box, I used a stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, dies from Spellbinders, backgrounds made with alcohol ink and Marabu art crayons on an emboss resist, and a bit of ribbon.


Putting It Together


While at a crafter-noon with my friend, I did some experimenting with alcohol ink on various surfaces including those that work well with alcohol ink markers.


I used Strathmore Marker paper with a felt blender tool, alcohol inks and Blender solution to add swipes of colour. The ink sinks almost immediately into the paper so can't be moved by blowing it around, but otherwise, it worked well.


When cut with this Spellbinders die set and embellished with pearl white paper, the swiped background looks quite distinctive. I used some of the scrap from this project on Purr-fect Wave.


For a tag, I embossed a retired Kraftin' Kimmie stamp on watercolour paper, adding Marabu art crayons in similar colours to the alcohol ink panel. The embossing acted like a resist for the water-based art crayons. I used a wet wipe to add the art crayon to the watercolour paper.


I used another Spellbinders die to make the tag in a similar frilly art-nuvo-y style. Life is a Circus, just the thing for a gift meant to lift spirits with a nod to the chaos in her life.


Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Tag
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine
Outlawz Crash Your Stash: Embossing Powder
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Stamp It

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't a fan of the paper until you worked it into a project then I wondered why I didn't beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.