07 September 2019

Just One More Page details - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, coloured pencil, paper piecing, shaped card


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! Today is the first Saturday of September and the first Kraftin' Kimmie challenge of the month!

The theme for this first challenge of the month is SHAPES! My inspiration project showcasing shapes and a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set is a shaped card with lots of shapes!


Putting It Together

The idea for this card hit me like a bolt of lightning while I was at my day job mulling over the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps sets in my stash that I had purchased recently but hadn't yet used. I got this book shape die set a couple years ago at Christmas and really love it. 

I decided to split my posts for my guesting on Kraftin' Kimmie to have shorter posts for the hops and still get to play with all my wordiness and process pictures. It will be interesting to see how many hits I get on the detail posts :)


I found the background I wanted and did a dry layout with dies and stamps to see if they would all fit.


I die-cut various patterned papers, mostly Graphic 45, and did another dry fit with the stamps. From this, I decided to trim down the background with the next die in the nested set to have the background paper as the pages with matting in a book cover colour. I chose snippets of patterned paper that could represent places and things met in a book: a starlet from Hollywood of the past, a murder mystery, the Cheshire cat from Wonderland, a faraway city, stars and planets of space, and lords and ladies of an Enchanted Forest.


I make the shaped card base, I folded a sheet of paper and put the die on it with the top edges above the fold.


After cutting, parts of the fold remains for the shaped base.


I stamped the image on Bristol with Party Peach to do a "no lines" colouring.


For the bean bag chair, I decided to paper piece a spotty paper. I stamped the image again using Granite Grey. It doesn't matter that I didn't stamp the head on the paper since the teen won't need it *smirk*.


I fussy cut the bean bag and dry fit it on the image. I actually forgot one little area that I had to cut later.


I coloured the image with Prismacolour pencils then glued the bean bag pieces in place to give them shadows with the pencils, too.


And, then I fussy cut the whole image with the bean bag giving it a narrow margin. I arranged the image with the die-cuts and added the sentiment on another die cut. I used foam mounting tape on the image and sentiment to pop them up a little from the background. The pages background is adhered in the centre and on the sides with a slight curve between them. I used kraft as the matting because it's rather bookish. I added three Kimmie Dots to the bean bag for an additional spot of colour.


Inside, I added the other two sentiments from the stamp set on another die-cut of the pages using Stampin' Up cardstock.



Supplies


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your GDT spot and fabulous card love the book shape and paper pieced image-great book character B.paper too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.