16 September 2019

Paint My World - TTCRD, Distress crayon


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is Stamp On It!

Stamp On It had it's humble beginnings in Holland MI 25+ years ago.... started out as a "home" business, soon became a storefront on the north side of Holland, grew to a 2nd storefront in Grand Rapids, before closing the Holland store and enlarging the Grand Rapids one! We began doing small craft shows years ago, slowly adding rubber stamp conventions to our schedule, expanding to almost full-time shows on the road before making the decision in the fall of 2009 to either close or sell the store. Before we were able to close the store, one of our employees voiced her desire to purchase the store! Long story short, we "sealed" the deal by the end of 2009 and became pretty much full-time rubber stamp convention vendors on the road.

Our FB link: https://www.facebook.com/Stamp-On-It-189444731096410/
Our web site link: www.stamponit.net

PRIZE; 3 images

For my card, I used the Art Palette and Painter for a colourful, rainbow and paint inspired card.


Putting It Together

I love paint and painting so when I found the palette and the painter in the extensive collection of digital stamps available at Stamp On It, I just had to use them.



Instead of paint, though, I used crayons, specifically a whole mess of Distress Crayons. I used a waterbrush with crayon that I scribbled on my palette and then added the paint splotches with crayon smushes direct to the paper.


I toyed wit a couple paper ideas for the background, settling on two papers from the Believe 6x6" pad from BoBunny. The other rainbow paper in the background here is from Recollections.


I used a die set from Scrapbooking Made Simple to cut the scalloped circle with cut-outs and backed it with heavy white cardstock. The sentiment is from CC Designs. I popped the palette, the circle, and the sentiment panel up with foam mounting tape and added everything to a kraft card base with just a sliver showing as a mat to the rainbow hearts.


Inside, I added a touch of humour with the Painter and another sentiment. I also used a strip of the rainbow hearts for an extra pop of colours.




Challenges

Tuesday Throwdown: Pile It On
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Scrapping 4 Fun: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, inside and out!
    Love your palette and pretty rainbow paints & papers, a great design!
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the colours and the sentiments.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card with full of colors..thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges..
    Charu Agrawal
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first want to apologize for taking so long to comment. I have been on holidays and I love looking at everyone's entries so I told the design team that I would respond to my quota of entries once I returned. What a fun card. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.