14 September 2019

You're a Squeak-heart detail - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, interactive, ink watercolour


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! This means I get to help showcase sneak peeks for the September release! I can't wait to show you the rest of the sneak peeks I have for this week, but this card is all about You're a Squeak-Heart.


My card for You're a Squeak-Heart tells a story starting with a wheel of cheese. Slide up to reveal the little mouse eating a piece. And then inside...


The mouse with a full belly is so thankful for the gift.

For more information about the release sneak peeks and the blog hop, check out my main post for day 5: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/youre-squeak-heart-kraftin-kimmie.html. This post goes into the details about how I made the You're a Squeak-heart card.

Putting It Together

I like making stories with the images on cards. I used the Lawn Fawn Magic Slider die for the first two scenes and the mousie inside the card to finish.


First thing I did was make sure the mouse eating cheese, as the largest stamp in the story, would fit in the magic window.


I stamped the three images with Creamy Caramel on Neenah Solar White and coloured them with Creamy Caramel and Yummy Yellow.


I masked the images and then used the Beautiful Burlap stencil with Totally Taupe and Salty Sea to create the tablecloth for the setting.


I used patterned paper from Prima and a solid from Simply Defined with the frame made with Rinea foiled paper.


I'll admit, I slid the slider up and down several times while making the card. I love the magic window.


Inside, I stamped and coloured the full mouse with Creamy Caramel, added the stencilling, and then added two sentiments.



Supplies

The items of the September release will be available after the release party this afternoon. 


For more information about the release sneak peeks and the blog hop, check out my main post for day 5: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/youre-squeak-heart-kraftin-kimmie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.