12 September 2019

Holiday Wishes detail - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, marker spritz, stencilling


For the month of September, I am a Guest designer on the Kraftin' Kimmie design team! This means I get to help showcase sneak peeks for the September release! I can't wait to show you the rest of the sneak peeks I have for this week, but the card is all about Holiday Wishes.

For more information about the release sneak peeks and the blog hop, check out my main post for day 2: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/holday-wishes-christmas-seals-kks.html. This post goes into the details about how I made the Holiday Wishes card.

Putting It Together

For this card, I used the new Holiday Wishes stamp set and So Many Circles stencil from the September release.


Holiday Wishes is a great sentiment stamp set by Melissa Baker-Nguyen. The stamp set features six different large Christmas-y sentiments in a variety of fonts. 


So Many Circles is one of the two stencils that are part of the release. I used the other one, Holly, for my Christmas Seals card. 


I wanted to have a spritz of colour in 'baubles' so I used Distress markers with the Spritzer tool to lightly 'airbrush' through the stencil. I first put the pearl cardstock on a piece of Press and Seal and laid the stencil over it, pressing the edges down so the card and stencil wouldn't move.


To give the baubles more definition, I used a metallic marker from Spectrum Noir.


Just three markers and a bit of pearl cardstock. Magic.


I decided to cut the panel into strips with red matting and a green candy can striped pattern paper as a background to bring in even more Christmas colour. I stamped the sentiment on foiled cardstock with Stazon ink then fussy cut around the sentiment.


Inside, I added the leftover strip, matted wit the same red, and added another sentiment with Berry Bliss.


Supplies

The items from the Kraftin' Kimmie September release will be available after the release party on Saturday, 14 September. 



For more information about the release sneak peeks and the blog hop, check out my main post for day 2: https://rijacki.blogspot.com/2019/09/holday-wishes-christmas-seals-kks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.