19 September 2019

Boo Kitty - coloured pencil, masking


Halloween is coming! My card features Newton's Nook stamp sets and dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix with Tombow coloured pencils and distressing.


Putting It Together

I don't have any Halloween stamps from Newton's Nook so the Halloween Inky Paws challenge was a bit daunting until I pulled this die out of my stash to consider it for another project (where it wasn't a good fit) and thought about a kitty hiding behind it.

Side note on the name of this blog post, several years ago I was living with 2 human and 3 kitty roommates. One of the kitties was named Boo.  


I used the die to cut orange glitzy paper and dry fit it with the kitty eating cake to see if "boo" would occlude the kitty in just the right way. I was thrilled to see it would work.


I used the die again on some cheap red paper to use as a mask for a shadow. I used repositionable adhesive on the glittery die cut put into place on a grey MiTientes panel then fit the mask, also with repositionable adhesive, around it to be in the right place on the panel.


I covered the rest of the grey panel with Purple Tape and then used a blending tool to sponge on Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.


The grey on grey is a nice shadow.


Using more masking, I stamped the kitty and an owl with grey.


I used Tombow coloured pencils to colour the kitty, owl, and add a branch for the owl to sit on.


I used a distressing tool on the edges of the panel and added the "boo" before adding the panel to a black card base.


Inside I added a tombstone die-cut from grey card stock as a space for a personal message, an orange embossed sentiment, and a frog on a toadstool.



Supplies


Challenges

Inky Paws: Halloween
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Distress Ink or Edges
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes/Autumn Colours
Sketchy Challenge: Anything Goes



2 comments:

  1. Fun way to create a Halloween card using your NND critters! Really like how Newton is peaking out from the Boo sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOO-tiful, inside and out!
    LOVE your cute kitty peeking out from behind the BIG BOO sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.