30 September 2019

Feed Your Soul - TTCRD, foiled embossing


A new challenge on the Through the Craftroom Door blog! Today's sponsor is TTCRD with a gift card for the winner.

For my project, I had food on my mind when I embossed and foiled a cutlery background stamp from Hero Arts, a cloche die from Spellbinders, and foody sentiments from Impression Obsession on a background paper from Hero Arts.


Putting It Together

Sometimes I have a simple idea rumbling around in my head, especially when my tummy is rumbling.


I started with embossing the Forks & Knives stamp from Hero Arts using clear embossing on the patterned paper that reminded me of a table cloth.


Using Todo foil, I ran the background through a hot laminator. This foil is designed for foiling machines so it stuck a bit just from the heat where there wasn't embossing to hold it. I liked the distressed look it gave the background so kept it. But now I know a limitation of this foil even though it does work somewhat with the laminator. (I got a pack of it supercheap as a doorbuster at the anniversary event at a local scrapbooking store.)


I did a dry fit with the cloche die and sentiment after trimming the foiled paper.


I used a linen-look, like a napkin, paper for the sentiment panel and a foiled paper for the die-cut. I used a Distressing tool on the edges of the background paper and sentiment panel to amp up the cloth look before adding them all to a top-fold white A2, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", card base.


Inside, I added scrap from the background and used a metallic marker to fill in the sentiment.




Challenges

Creative Moments: Anything Goes/Masculine
Creative Craft Cottage: For the Men
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Anything Goes
Always Fun: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous creation! Love that you finished the inside too with the same design!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments this round.
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.