01 May 2019

Coffee and Cake - Sheepski Designs, coloured pencil


Have a coffee with me for the May Sheepski Designs challenge. The May theme is Flower Power! I chose to use the Coffee & Cake digi with the pretty flowers on the cupcake for my inspiration card. I coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils accented with gold Aqua Shimmer and paired it with sentiments from CC Designs and paper from Prima Marketing.


Putting It All Together

I originally wanted to do watercolouring on the image so printed on watercolour paper, but my printer wasn't cooperating and didn't want to use the water safe ink. I switched to pencils and was very pleased with how it turned out. Probably better than if I had done it in watercolour.


I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the image and plumb forgot to put the pencil list in the picture. Pinks, blues, browns, and yellows :)


I fussy cut the image with a narrow margin. One of these years I'll get a digital cutter. Someday my prince will come...


In my stash, I round a lovely paper from a retired Prima pad and matted it with Micheals coloured paper using a Spellbinders die set to transform them into a table cloth. A snip of ribbon from my stash that might have come from some packaging (dunno, it's been in my ribbon box a while) and a sentiment from CC Designs to complete the scene.


I adhered them to a white card base, stamping the sentiment in black, and adding some Kaisercraft hot pink pearls. I used foam mounting tape to pop up the coffee and cake for a little dimension.


Detail of just the coffee and cake. I also added Midas Touch Aqua Shimmer from Nuvo to the yellow frosting for a bit of sparkle.


Inside, I stamped another sentiment from the set and coloured in the heart. I also added a strip of the scrap from the paper I used on the front.



Come join us in the Sheepski Design blog challenge! Flower Power is the theme for May.

Supplies


Challenges

Incy Wincy: Coffee Time
Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Recipe - 1 ribbon, 2 papers, 3 pearls
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine 
The Paper Shelter: Love is in the Air
Scribbles Designs: Pastels
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Kate, your card is so pretty! Love how you created the realistic looking tablecloth! Your coloring of the cupcake and coffee are done REALLY well! I wish I could color like you do! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please I'd love to join you for a coffee. Fantastic colouring just look at those beans and cup cake casing! I so love the sparkly frosting as well <3
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image for our theme, I also love my coffee. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over from Scribbles Design Challenge. Your card is so cute! Who doesn't love a bit of sparkle on their cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing colouring skills you have....the cake and coffee cup look so 3D!! Beautiful card :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Kate. Your colouring, design and deliciousness makes me want to sit down and have a cuppa with you! So glad you shared with us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, there is a lot going on, but still a beautiful elegant CAS card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've created a a lovely scene Kate. I love your colouring on that cupcake - its making me hungry! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.