27 May 2019

Birthday Style - gift box with stencilling


Good things come in small packages. This little gift box was made from a Spellbinders die embellished with Kraftin' Kimmie ink, stencil, and stamp along with Nuvo Dream drops.

Putting It Together

I love the Plus-size dies that make boxes. 



The die cuts the box shape and adds scorelines.


I used a blender tool with Pink Pizzazz to colour the sides. The pink of this ink is intense.


I used a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil with Nuvo Fairy Wings Dream drops on a silicon brush. I masked off the top tabs to keep them smooth.


The iridescent shimmer from the drops is hard to capture in the pictures but amazing in person.  I moved the stencil around to cover all 4 sides and then scrubbed it in the sink of the bathroom next to my craft space.


I stamped the sentiment with Pink Pizzazz and used a die to trim it into a tag.


I smeared the Dream Drops on the tag to add shimmer.


Once the stencilling was dry, I trained the sides to curve.


I used a palette knife to re-open the slots.


 Holding the top tabs together.


Sliding the slots over the tabs.


This is a very simple box with no glue. After putting it together, I realised I couldn't get a good angle for the hole punch so disassembled to punch the hole.


I put it back together and added a ribbon with the sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Skrappy: Anything But a Card
Seize the Birthday: Presents
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Bright Colours
Dues R Us: Tag
More Mixed Media: Pink
Tuesday Throwdown: Stencilling

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and fabulous project! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Tags’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little gift parcel.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! The process of creating that shimmery polka dotted background is amazing. Great job! Thanks so much for linking up to the Dies R Us "Tags" challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous little gift box! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.