03 May 2019

Birdie Birthday - coloured pencil, stencilling, texture


A cute kitty in the garden helping out with a birthday greeting...


My cheeky kitty card features Newton's Nook coloured with Koh-i-Noor pencils and stencilling with Kraftin' Kimmie stencil and re-inker.



Putting It Together

When I have spare time and no project ideas in my head, I'll play around with supplies in my stash to make backgrounds. I then tuck them away for a future day. I made the leafy background a couple months ago and it just fits so well for my card idea today.

Another thing of note, my goal is to use everything in my stash at least once, so I have a special tag in Evernote to mark items I haven't ever used yet. I am happy to say, with this card I have used every Newton's Nook set in my stash at least once. Hmm... I need to get some new ones *impish grin*



I mixed crackle paste with Kraftin' Kimmie hybrid ink re-inker and spread it through a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil onto a linen-texture cardstock panel with a silicone brush.


The background has such great texture on texture on texture. I thought it would be a great backdrop for a kitty in the garden.


My own kitty has his favourite bush to sit under in the garden. He'll even sit under that bush when all the leaves are gone in the winter.


Even though my kitty is black, I decided to make today's kitty a calico. I used Koh-i-Noor coloured pencils to colour the kitty on Bristol paper. Before colouring, I trimmed the image with a Spellbinders die so I could make sure it squared up.


I put the background and kitty panel on a white card base using foam mounting tape for the kitty panel to pop it up.


Inside, I used blue and red ink to stamp the embellishments and also coloured them with pencils.



Supplies


Challenges

Inky Paws: Coloured Pencils
Seize the Birthday: Texture
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Happy Birthday
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Birthday
Crafter's Cafe: Make Your Own Background
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Pet Project

6 comments:

  1. Fun embossed background with your cute kitty. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor birdie! Heehee. Thank you for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge. I hope you enjoyed using your pencils for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitty looks so cute with your embossed background! So glad you shared this delightful card with us at Inky Paws Challenge! Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun colored kitty! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card - it really made me smile - and a great MYO background for our challenge at the Crafters Café. Thanks for joining us, hope to see you again soon, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rijacki! The image is adorable and I love the pretty sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.