27 May 2019

Enjoy - TTCRD, alcohol ink on acetate with embossing


This week's sponsor for the Through the Craftroom Door challenge is Stamplorations. The prize is a $15 gift code.


California-based STAMPlorations™ is owned and managed by husband-and-wife team, David & Shery Russ. We offer clear stamps, stencils, thin metal dies, and colouring pages for stampers, card makers, scrapbookers, mixed media artists, and all other kinds of crafters. All of our products are proudly made in the USA. Our clear stamps are made from the finest photopolymer resin. Through our stamp line, we hope to encourage crafters of all ages and experience levels to "Stamp with all your ART!". New products are added every month.

My project uses one of the backgrounds from Fluttery Gardens embossed on acetate and coloured with alcohol ink to resemble stained glass.


Putting It Together 

My original idea was to use alcohol ink markers on the embossed acetate for a stained glass look, but then I wondered if the alcohol ink would use the embossing like dams or walls to separate the colours. 



I have an inkjet printer. If you pour on embossing powder as soon as it has printed, it will stick to the wet ink so it can be heat set. I used heat resistant acetate with silver embossing powder.


I used alcohol inks to add colours to the panel. If you want to see how, I made a video while I was making the panel: https://youtu.be/c52WKluowPs


After going through a few options, I decided to use this light aqua glitzy panel to back the image. I also chose a die and stamp combo along with a die to cut a silver foiled frame.

If you want to see the other options I considered and how different colours affect the alcohol ink on acetate, I made a video: https://youtu.be/BPA-1zpJ1d8


I used a narrow double-sided tape to adhere the trimmed background to the acetate where it would be hidden under the frame.


I used the same double-sided tape on the decorated acetate. To make it easier to position, I use snips of the release paper turned perpendicular.


I die cut the sentiment from the same glitzy cardstock and heavy black cardstock for its shadow.


I used white embossing on a small strip of the same black cardstock for the second part of the sentiment. I joined the two sentiment parts together before adding the glitzy word.


I used foam mounting tape to pop up the sentiment and added everything to a white cardbase. I left the inside blank.




Challenges

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Bright Colours
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes Birthday
Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes: The Butterfly
Scribbles Designs: Flowers
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Very awesome end result with using the acetate. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, the embossed acetate looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a great project!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hope to see you again!
    💝 from Africa
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.