05 May 2019

Blast Off - flocking, embossing, gilding, stenciling, coloured pencil, pearlescent watercolour


Blast off! Let's journey to fun! My card features a Kraftin Kimmie stamp set and stencil with pearlescent paint, flocking, gilding and fun.


Putting It Together

I like trying new things. I picked up some flocking a few weeks ago and finally tried it. 



I used a Xyron to cover a panel with adhesive. To use a stencil with the sticky panel, I first applied Versamark. Something about the clear ink prevents the stencil from sticking permanently to the adhesive.


To contain the mess, I worked in a 'glitter box', a shallow box with a Swiffer sheet. I wafted some gilding flakes on to the exposed adhesive and burnished it in with my fingertips.


I used a soft brush to remove the loose gilding.


I then removed the stencil to expose the rest of the adhesive on the panel.


I cascaded flocking over the adhesive on the panel.


I burnished the brushed the flocking as I did with the gilding.


The panel has a soft velvety look and feel while the stars glisten.


I stamped the girl in her spaceship with Versamark and added white embossing powder. I carefully used a brush to remove the girl and her cat before heat setting the powder.


I then fussy cut the ship, cutting away the inner areas, too.


I stamped just the top part of the ship on vellum using Stazon.


I stamped the top part of the ship on to black again with Versamark, adding clear embossing powder. I brushed away powder from the girl and cat.


I used Prismacolor pencils and pearlescent paint to colour the girl and cat. I also used the same pearlescent paints to colour the ship.


I pieced the girl and cat on the vellum.


I then pieced the ship on top of the occupants.


I dry fit them on the background adding blue foiled cardstock as a mat and a sentiment. The die I used to trim the sentiment is much wider, so I had to cut twice to get the narrow strip I wanted.


To save the middle of the foiled cardstock for a different day, I use a die to cut from the middle.


I added everything to a black card base popping up the sentiment and ship with foam mounting tape.


Inside, I used Nuvo mousse and the same stencil to add a background of stars for a white panel. I added a sentiment and planet to the panel.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: National Scrapbooking Day #1 - Space
Polkadoodles: Anything Goes
Outlawz Greetings Monday: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Cute card and lovely tutorial on how you created it. Thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card. Love the idea and the background looks amazing. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.