27 May 2017

Shopper


Little bunny all dressed up for a shopping trip featuring a House Mouse and Friends stamp and embossing in 2 ways.


Supplies



Putting It Together

May has been a month full of bunnies! It's not been intentional, I promise you, but happenstance. I had this card in my head without really thinking about the fact it is a bunny in heels with a purse. Because it's a House Mouse stamp, my mental database was thinking mouse until I was painting and realised, oh, fluffy tail. Mind you, that was after I had painted the ears which hadn't sunk in as bunny to that particular part of my brain. *laugh* May has been the bunny month.


When I make projects for challenges, I like to try to make things fit more than one challenge. So, while this project is specifically for a House Mouse and Friends challenge for embossing (and their challenges require a House Mouse and Friends stamp or whatnot), I decided to combine it with the two current challenges for My Favorite Things, their colour and sketch challenge. This gave me the layout and the palette. 


I start with the layout. My bunny in high heels, Diva Hopper, is a wood-mount stamp. I got her when I won a House Mouse and Friends challenge a few months ago. I chose an embossing folder I thought might work and.. well.. I don't have a curve with a scallop except for this speech bubble die, but I figured I could either double cut (which I did) or hide the speechy part of the curve with an embellishment. I also chose a stitched square I thought would fit well.


I stamped the image on to watercolour paper with black archival ink. I framed the stamped image with the die to get a more solid impression of how the final panel would look.


I painted the image with Distress ink and waterbrush using Spiced Marmalade as the Orange Fizz, Ripe Persimmon as the Persimmon, Hickory Smoke as the Gravel Grey. The smoky blue of the embossed panel would be the Berrylicious.


The first embossing folder I chose didn't wow me with the image after I  had finished painting so I chose another one from my stash. I used Core'dinations colour core paper for this embossing, so I lightly sanded it with a nail buffer (the coarsest of the sides) to enhance the embossing.


I also had decided to use the next size up on the stitched square die, too. I thought these a much better fit for the project. The blue panel in the next few shots is actually a bit longer than it ends up in the final. I knew I would be trimming some to make the A2 card size but wasn't sure how much so I left the panel as long as possible to have options for the bottom.

So, now the bottom...


I first tried embossing the bottom of a panel with Tangerine Orange glittery embossing powder, but it didn't sing to me when I dry fit the pieces. 


I had already thought about using the "born to shop" stamp so considered it for the front with embossing. On the left embossed with clear and then Ripe Persimmon over top; the right is stamped with Ripe Persimmon and then clear embossed. I cut the sentiment stamp in 2 pieces for this alignment. And... neither of them sang to me. 

So... I still wanted to have the persimmon on the bottom of the card, so I pondered my stash and thought about the really cool background stamp from My Favorite Things. 


I stamped the geometric grid on a small panel of soft finish card stock ('cause I love the way it blends with the Distress ink) and embossed it with Pearl. My stamping wasn't entirely perfect 'cause I didn't use the Misti.


I used a blender tool to blend on Ripe Persimmon. The ink resists the embossing leaving the embossing showing. I love this technique.


I dry fit it with the other embossed panel and a chorus sang in my head. Yes, this was it.


To bring up a little more blue on the bunny panel, I used a blender tool to ink the edges with Broken China.


I put the bunny in place and it seemed a bit plain. I decided to dress it up a bit. I actually find it hard adding on a bunch of embellishments 'cause I tend to be a bit less is more, CAS (Clean And Simple) in my own style. But this one begged for the more.


I added some Prima Marketing flowers and spruced up her necklace with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents. I also added a faux stitch line to the blue embossed panel with Spiced Marmalade marker. (I used 3 of the 4 versions I have of Spiced Marmalade on this project.) I found myself wishing I had some orange rhinestones or pearls or drops or... But this works well and feels complete. I love the brass beads on the flowers, too. 


Inside, I used the "born to shop" sentiment reassembled to its normal layout and embellished it with some flourishes. 

And that is my 'yet another bunny' card. I love those shoes! This image does give me a bit of a giggle. 





Challenges

House Mouse and Friends: Embossing
My Favorite Things: Sketch challenge 334
My Favorite Things colour challenge: Orange Fizz, Persimmon, Gravel Gray, and Berrylicious
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Little Critters
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Furry Friends
Markers! Papers! Digis! Facebook group: Bunnies Rule
Creative Craft Cottage: Include an Animal
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Great image and I love the way you have co-ordinated the layers with the image too!! Fantastic,

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Moments!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cute Bunny card..great to read all the deets on putting your card together.. this was one of my 1st HM buys, little did I know how obsessive buying HM would get..lol super take on the Embossing chall..

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends chall this time..hope to see you again soon.

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange and grey look fantastic together on your adorable mouse card, Rijacki! Love how you textured the background and curved the edge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! xx Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super sweet card Rijacki...beautiful embossing folder and a lovely colour card design. Thanks for showing how to make it and thanks for joining the 'Embossing' theme challenge at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grat card sweet and fab color combo !!Thanks so much sweetie fot joining us at HMFMC and good luck !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this little Happy Hopper Shopper. The colors are wonderful and card is lovely. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Rijacki :-) I love this little hopper and the heat and dry embossing are fabulous. Very cute design :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge 🐭
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable and i just LOVE the pops of orange! Thank you for playing along with us at the simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for joining at Creative Craft Cottage May challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.