22 May 2017

Strong


A woman of strength in a Renesaince inspired outfit on a black and white background showcases Unity stamps and paper piecing.


Supplies



Putting It Together

When I was looking through my paper scraps for something to use for piecing, I found this lovely bit of Enchanted Forest by Graphic 45 and used it to build the card.


I stamped the whole image on watercolour cardstock and just the blouse area on the patterned paper.


I used Aged Mahogany and Oxide Fossilized Amber to add shadowing and highlights to the blouse and fussy cut it out.


I painted the other areas of the image with Distress ink using waterbrushes.


I glued the blouse into place over the image.


I  used a self-matting oval to cut out the image and added some Perfect Pearls and rhinestone bling.


I looked through my stash of paper for a background and this striking piece drew my eye. With this background I decided to use the sentiment about a strong woman to match the strong colours and geometrics.


I trimmed the patterned paper and adhered it to a card base without any margin. I used foam mounting tape to pop up the oval.


Inside I stamped another Unity sentiment and a butterfly.




Challenges

Unity {Show and Tell}: Paper Piecing
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: A Bit of Sparkle
Crafty Hazelnut's Pattern Paper challenge: Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares: Dream a Little Dream
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning. Loving how you have created her blouse and added the gems.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and thx for showing how you did your paperpiecing. Love the sentiment. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and creative. I love the paper piecing. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very pretty, great coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.