24 May 2017

Bunny Buddies


Lovely bunny friends with one of my favorite quote sentiments on a single layer card.


Supplies



Putting It Together

This card was put together with some reflection, waffling, and pondering while I created it. It took two days to make only because I paused in the middle at a point where it could have been finished or more to go.


When printing digital stamps, I usually fill up the page and print several at a time so I don't have a lot of wasted space. I use Photoshop to place images on to a blank 'sheet' and then print that sheet. I had decided I wanted to make Becca, image on the left, a single layer card, I needed to print her with empty space for the other part of the card. I knew I wanted to make a card with the bunnies and decided on a single layer for them, too.

Usually when making single layer cards I use heavier 140lb/300gsm watercolour paper, especially for top folding cards. But, usually when printing digis or stamping I use a lighter weight 90lb/190gsm watercolour paper. So, for this project, my brain slipped and I printed on the lighter weight instead of the heavier. It makes for a much thinner and lighter card, but also one which I have to be careful of the amount of water I use to prevent warping. The lighter card is also not as sturdy for the tall top fold but with a single layer card, it doesn't need to be as sturdy as one with embellishments.


I painted up the bunnies using Distress ink and waterbrushes. I gave them a bit of grass to ground them and waffled over adding sky. I really liked how they turned out, but..


How CAS is too CAS?

CAS means Clean and Simple. For some this means very few or no embellishments, for others tonnes of white space. The bunnies alone were wonderfully very CAS and this could stand as a card on its own. But... too CAS? I set it aside since it was approaching the time I set as "bedtime" and decided to think about it. 


While at work, I used Evernote to go through my stamps with sentiments and this one struck me as 'perfect'. But, it was too large for either of the white spaces alone. 


I used masking to block off half of the stamp to stamp half of the sentiment on top and half on bottom, framing the image between.


I also added a bit more grass and sky to complete the scene.


Inside, I used stamps from a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set to add in a continuation of the sentiment theme and a couple carrots.

So, which do you prefer, the ultra CAS or the filled a bit more CAS?



Challenges

Markers! Papers! Digis!: Bunnies Rule
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Furry Friends
Creative Craft Cottage: Include an Animal
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Little Critters
Sheepski Designs FB group: Anything Goes
Vilda Stamps: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Saw this on Facebook and had to take a second look. So simple but so cute, love the inside too

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute brilliant card . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I love the sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Beautiful card! I Love it! Thank you so much for joining our Challenge over on the Vilda Stamps Challenge Blog! DT Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Rijacki...I think I love the one with both sentiments most!
    Thanks for joining us at ilda Stamps.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is super cute, luv the background and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Love the little carrots inside. Thanks for joining this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Debi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our VILDA STAMPS challenge blog
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.