18 May 2017

Sunflower


Sunny wishes with a bright cheerful sunflower and a little bit of sunshine inside, all to bring a bit of joy.



Supplies



Putting It Together

This card ended up beautiful but had a few bumps along the way. 

I got sick again (yes, again!) and lost most of the beginning of the week. I wanted to make sure to get something in for the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge and knew I had to have it posted by Friday morning. I have plans for a Stamp 'n' Chat (Stampin' Up gather with my demonstrator) tonight, Thursday, so was a little pressed on time. As I was feeling so much better on Wednesday (still not 100%), my mind wheels started bumping. 


I had started playing with the really cool die I bought a month or so ago and had made an embossed panel from bright yellow cardstock. To emboss instead of cut, you need to use the silicon pad and the texture pad when you run through on the Big Shot.


I had a thought about adding a KKS sentiment to the sunflower and another inside. This idea started brewing at 4am-ish, of course, but I did not get up then. However.. instead of going down stairs when I woke with my alarm and got up at 7, I went into the workshop to "start" and only "take a few minutes". My cat, Scout, didn't really want to accept this 'cause I also go downstairs to feel him, too, as well as for my own breakfast.


I sprayed the panel with gold Perfect Pearls mixed with water in a Mini Mister. I wanted to give the sunflower panel a bit of sparkle.


I used the heat tool to dry the panel.


The panel was a tiny bit warped from the misting and heating, but turned out lovely. I meant to leave it at that, put it under heavy stuff to help reflatten it, and.. and.. yeah. I went on to do the rest *laugh*


I used the Misti to stamp with VersaMark and added gold embossing powder and then discovered.. ack. Since it is the first time I am using Tack, and it's morning, I didn't think about the fact it's dimensional and so only used a strip behind the rubber stamp. There wasn't an even pressure for the whole stamp. But.. never fear... this is fixable.


Instead of trying to get the position perfect again to restamp with the Sunny already powdered, I used a soft brush and cleaned off the embossing powder from the Wishes.


After heating the Sunny to emboss, I carefully inked just the Wishes and stamped it in black. I'm actually glad the accident happened because I think the two colours look better than both words in gold.


To add detail inside, I used a stencil and the largest of the Clarity brush set with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. I just had to get some of my beloved Distress ink into the project *laugh*


To get this effect, each pass of the brush, I started at the sun and brushed it out the rays, This made the sun area brighter with a natural fade down the rays. I chose Squeezed Lemonade for this because it is a pale but bright yellow. I wanted the effect to be soft and not overwhelming. I really love how it turned out.


And.. then I ruined it by stamping the sentiment upside down! ARGH!!! It's morning, I hadn't had breakfast yet let alone any coffee. I had to redo the stenciling on another cardbase.


One trick, that I didn't do on the first time around, is to use a bit of acetate or plastic, something clear like old packaging, to stamp on first. Lay it over your anchored surface in the misty and stamp it. With something clear, you can see exactly how it will look when stamped for real. I did this on the second cardbase and it turned out perfect.


I matted the front panel with black leaving a narrow margin. I like how the thin black anchors this card.


The finished inside is just perfect. I'm glad the second go 'round with the stencil turned out so well. I like adding an interior detail to bring a second smile.




Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Add Flowers
Creative With Stamps: Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown: Texture
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: A Bit of Sparkle
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. A great entry for our challenge this week, Rijacki! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful embossed image! I especially like that you finished the inside, so many people don't. This card will be a treasure for someone to receive! Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this. The embossed sunflower and the sentiment is sweet and the embossed inside is also great.. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.


    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments
    Stampavie and More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your write up of the journey making this card. Beautiful embossing and great detail finishing off the inside. So happy you shared with us on Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sunflowers are one of my favorits. awesome card
    thanks for joining Creative with stamps challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.