29 May 2017

Bald Chicks Rock


A brightly coloured Get Well card with a special message inside. Bald Chicks ROCK!



Supplies



Putting It Together

I've been wanting to make a card for a friend of mine who has recently gone through chemo and surgery but kept procrastinating without much of an idea in my head. I even got this cute digi and the "bald chicks rock" sentiment because I was thinking about her. (The ribbon one I got while thinking about my brother, and still haven't made -that- card either. Sheesh.) 


So, this month's Mood Board for Craftin' Desert Divas gave me the inspiration for a brightly coloured nurse which was just what I needed.


I used Distress ink and waterbrush to colour the Nurse digi. Bright! and festive! I loosely fussy cut the image with a narrow margin around.


I kept the front simple. I used a Way With Words die to cut pink glittery paper to pair with the nurse. I backed the Glittersilk cardstock with adhesive sheet before cutting so it would be easier to add it to the card. For a bit of dimension, I used foam mounting tape for the nurse.


For the inside, I use two stamps from Unity. The block stamp I stamped in Slate and then added a bit of pink to the ribbon. I love that the ribbon is open on this stamp allowing it to be coloured for any ribbon type. I stamped the other sentiment in pink for the ribbon. 





Challenges

Craftin' Desert Divas: May Mood Board
Crafty Friends: Summer Colours
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card for a wonderfully strong woman! I'm sure your friend is going to love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's and hope you will play along with us again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.