11 May 2017

Hello Shaker


Bright colours in a shaker! The ombre is with Distress Oxide overlaid with an My Favorite Things background stamp and Perfect Pearls, a black frame and white metallic "hello" add the finishing touch. Inside, a smile... Hello!



Supplies



Putting It Together

Have I mentioned how much I am absolutely loving the Distress Oxides? They smooth on to the cardstock like a dream. 


I used a blending tool and four colours of Distress Oxide to make this ombre panel.


To add a bit more pizzazz, I stamped the panel with a My Favorite Things background stamp with VersaMark and then brushed on Perfect Pearls. After brushing off the excess, I wiped the panel with a Swiffer cloth to be sure there was nothing to rub off later. I really really like how this turned out and will likely do something like this again. It's kind of like embossing but a bit more subtle and without any dimension. It's shimmery in person, too.



I decided to use the sketch from the MFT challenge and make a shaker card.

I die cut an oval from the panel. I also cut a black fun foam panel just a touch smaller than the coloured panel and cut an oval from it as well.


I die cut a dotted frame from black grasscloth cardstock and backed it with an oval of clear acetate (recycled from packaging) since I forgot to put the clear stuff between the coloured panel and the fun foam.


I die cut a 'hello' from white gold metallic cardstock and another from black fun foam and layered them together. The black foam pops up the hello and gives it a shadow effect.


I dry fit the frame and hello and was very pleased with the look.


I put the panel down on the card base and fit the cut out oval inside for a background to the shaker. I filled the oval with a few jewel coloured sequins of various sizes. The sequin colours echo the card's ombre.


I fit the frame into place, covering the sequins with the clear window.


Inside I stamped the sentiment in a curve with a dark red ink for a bit of whimsy and to echo the words.




Challenges

Can you Case It: Ombre challenge
MFT Sketch challenge: Sketch
Aurora Wings: Frame It
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: It's a Frame Up
Crafty Cardmakers: Add a Sentiment
Scribbles Designs: Shades of Spring
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Rijacki! Love the perfect pearls... a great touch to the ombré background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Craft Cardmakers Rijacki with your very colourful shaker card

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning and bright colour combo, fabulous shaker design and those additional pops of colour from the shaker elements really make it stand out. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card, Rijaki, but we require a hand colored image for our Aurora Wings challenges so I'm afraid, in fairness to all, it must be removed. I'm so sorry. It is a fabulous design. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super shaker card, love your bright colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shaker card, love the colors! Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs!
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The concept for this card is wonderful! I really like how you used a frame to make your shaker section and how the black color grounds the whole thing. It is bold bad perfect against that skillfully-blended background. It is lovely and elegant with just the right bit of bling and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!!! So beutiful!! this is a A wonderful creation !! It's just gorgeous!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
    Through The Craft Room Door
    this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    DT member at TTCRD
    Cicci With The Pen {Welcome to visit my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Ombre background it's beautful thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome background this is! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card made me smile! Thanks for sharing with us at Scribbles Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really fun card. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.