23 May 2017

Thankful


A bright and friendly thankful card with an My Favorite Things stencil and stamp.


Supplies



Putting It Together

On a whim, I decided to try something a bit different with the colour palette with this week's colours from the MFT challenge (just under the wire, too). I don't have many My Favorite Things supplies, but wanted to feature them.


First, the palette: Safety Orange, Ripe Raspberry, Cotton Candy, and Steel Grey. I don't have any MFT ink (yet) so I saw the first three as Distress inks: Carved Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, and Spun Sugar. 


These three shades make a very lovely ombre (and I can't wait for them to be available at some time in Oxide). I used a blender tool on an A2 panel of Elizabeth Craft Designs soft finish cardstock because I love its texture when blending. To do a side to side blending, I used Press 'n' Seal to hold the panel to my work surface. I dried the panel with a heat tool while I pondered the next step.

But... what to do with the Steel Grey? Hmm... and the three things I have, at this time, from MFT are a geographic background, a Thanksgiving stamp set, and a sunburst stencil.


I decided to try a grey ink with the sunburst stencil. I thought it might be an interesting contrast. The area of the stencil is just under 5 1/2" so I set it to just inside the edge of the panel on three sides and used micropore tape to mask off the margin on the forth and hold the stencil in place. The other three sides were held in place with tape. I used a Clarity brush with Slate dye ink from Simon Says Stamp. With the brush, I could keep the darker colour to a soft touch, especially as it radiated to the edges.


I was astounded by the finished effect. I turned it this way and that thinking what to do with it and the "thankful" sentiment felt like it would be a good fit. I stamped the sentiment directly on the panel with Archive black and left the inside of the card blank.




Challenges

Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments and goodluck!
    xx Grietje
    DT Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Moments!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job working with that color scheme and limited supplies. It is a lovely thank you card. So happy you shared it at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.