26 May 2017

Best Buds


Just a girl and her best bud, Ms Bzzz, in a Springful card featuring a retired Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set, Spellbinders dies, flowery paper, Distress inks, and Perfect Pearls.


Supplies



Putting It Together

Kim of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps has been doing some Spring Cleaning and finding caches of long since retired unmounted rubber stamps. Most of them are only singles or a few so she can't really put them in the shop. So, she's been throwing online "Rubber Parties" for the KKS Facebook group., Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps' Krafty Friends. At the party, she live streams and shows the stamp she has available before posting it to the group. The first one to comment on the posting with a "dibs" (or first ones if there are two or more available) gets the opportunity to buy that stamp which, since it will never be made again, is getting rarer and rarer to find anywhere.



Peony was one of the stamps I won/bought in the second KKS Rubber Party. I decided to use her for this Springful card. I originally had a completely different idea for the card but.. Peony took me where she wanted to go.


I Tack 'n' Peel to adhere the unmounted rubber stamp to the Misti and stamped the image with pink as the base for the "no lines" colouring. If the final project is going to be mostly pink or purple, stamping with pink is easier to 'hide' or blend in than a light tan. I didn't get a good impression on her hands and intended to put a flower embellishment there. I might have to look at past creations of her to see what details I didn't get this time. Oh.. and my stamp has a slight imperfection (noted when Kim offered her at the party), part of her dress, by her hair, has a little gap. Not an issue at all when colouring.


Using Distress ink and a bit of Perfect Pearls with waterbrushes, I coloured/painted Peony. I like the soft shimmer the Perfect Pearls give to the dress. He dress is like the petals of a flower. I was intending it to be a bit more pink, but the purples called to me so loudly *laugh*.

I also coloured up her little friend on the scrap I use to keep notes on the inks used and then punched it out.


I found these two papers in my stash and loved the way they looked together. I used a lacy Spelbinders die to cut an edge on the flowery paper to layer over the chevrony paper.


I used a self-matting oval to die cut Peony and used a matching lacy ovals die to cut a pale green loopy frame. I had thought about putting a butterfly in her hair from another KKS set, but it was too large. In the envelope where I have the butterflies, though, I also have the Buds & Blooms set. I had it out on my table from trying the butterfly and the "Best Buds" sentiment gave me a giggle, so I just had to use it!


I embossed the sentiment with purple powder to stand out on the pink chevrony paper as well as fit in with the colour scheme. I put the bee on a mini action wobbler because it's amusing to have Ms Bzzz bouncy. I added blue shimmer glitter around the bee since the wobbler was a nudge bigger than the punched circle and to give Ms Bzz some sparkle. Peony and her frame are popped up with foam mounting tape and the loopy frame is bent slightly up. 


For the inside, I used the same die and flower paper and added a couple of the flat paper embellishments from the paper's collection.



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday challenge: Spring
Crafty Gals Corner: 2+ Designer Papers
Crafty Cardmakers: Profusion of Flowers
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Little Critters
Pearly-Sparkles: Things with Wings
Creative with Stamps: Flowers
Crafty Hazelnut's Pattern Paper challenge: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes



12 comments:

  1. Love the card. pretty background. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kraft Kimmie is adorable. Thanks for joining the Creative With Stamps May Flower challenge. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card! I love all the soft colors and pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling image! Love how you paired her with those pretty patterned papers. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative With Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rijacki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the flowery background! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    Happy Crafting
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty and girly card! Thank you for sharing your card and joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and a very cute image! Thank you for playing along with our "Floral Profusion" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting and all the best, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely pretty card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Thank you so much for playing along at CWS Challenge.
    Mary (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card with such a cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.