06 October 2018

Piano Birthday Bronze - die cuts, CAS


Music makes the world better. My birthday card features die cuts from Die'Versions, Tutti Designs, and Heartfelt Designs with stamps on the inside from Kraftn' Kimmie Stamps and Fiskars. "If music be the food of love. play on!"

This is one of two cards I put together today with a similar theme and some of the same elements.


Putting It Together


Sometimes I get an idea in my head and then, after die cutting or stamping some of the elements, another similar idea pops in to compete. This card and its companion (Piano Birthday Silver) started out from the same idea and diverged.


As I was waking this morning while thinking about a challenge (that ends today), I came up with an idea to use the piano silhouette I bought months ago (and hadn't used yet) with a music bar (also bought months ago and not used yet), a scribble frame, and a birthday greeting. When I looked in Evernote to remind myself about black and white challenges + one other colour current challenges, I saw the "case" CAS challenge and thought, without the scribble frame, this would fit. I dry fit the dies together.


I first die cut the music and 'happy birthday' from silver glitzy cardstock but the silver was a bit.. chilly in a layout this CAS, so I set the silver aside and die cut bronze. After I finished making this card with the bronze, I used the silver in another card, Piano Birthday SilverI used a black gloss foiled cardstock for the piano.


To adhere the individual letters in the right places, I started with the last letter and worked to the start.


I adhered the die cuts directly to the white card base.


Inside, I used two retired stamps, one from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and the other from Fiskars.



Supplies


Challenges

Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes: Ebony and Ivory
The Crafter's Cafe: Black & White +  1 Colour (bronze)
Try It On Tuesday: Black & White +  1 Colour (bronze)
Dies R Us: Anything Goes Using Dies (Tutti Designs, Die'Versions)
Simply Less Is More: Case Card



11 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card ! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A striking example of black, white and one colour.

    Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at TIOT. It would be lovely to see you again in our next challenge.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW I love this one too! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes using dies by companies carried at DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing both cards Rijacki !! Lovely design , love music !
    Thank you very much for joining Try it on Tuesday and me.
    Very nice evening, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful designs and die cuts, thank you for linking these to our Try it on Tuesdays theme.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Black, White and one colour" challenge. Don't forget to link up with the Double Trouble Challenge for a chance at more prizes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! The sparkle from the gold with the black and white looks so elegant 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a classy card! Thanks for entering The Crafter’s Cafe this fortnight for our “Black, White and one colour” challenge. Don’t forget to link up with the Double Trouble Challenge for a chance at

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.