10 October 2018

Halloween - die cuts and stamping


Halloween is coming! It's my favourite special day. My card features stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie stamps embossed with Emerald Creek and Stampendous embossing powders and matted with Cosmic Shimmer on a background of Fancy Pants paper.


Putting It Together

I went to bed early last night with a headache but woke up at 3am to get this design out of my head and on to the paper destined for it. 



I dry fit the stamps on the paper with a black card base under to figure out which ones would fit.


I decided to make my own matting using the marvellous Tangerine Tango Cosmic Shimmer. I simply applied it to a scrap of cardstock. It dries almost instantly.


I embossed the three trinkets with different powders. On the right, I used Chunky Rust with 3 layers of embossing to give it more body and character. I used a dark green from Stampendous and black from Emerald Creek on the other two.


I die cut each of the trinkets and a matte with the panel I coloured with Cosmic Shimmer. I also die cut 3 smaller circles with the Cosmic Shimmer panel. I added the striped paper and circles flat to the black card base.


Inside, I used a Tim Holtz die to cut a dark grey panel resembling a gravestone and stamped it with another sentiment. The lighting on this image is the same as the other, the panel really is dark grey on black cardstock.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Make It: Aug/Sept sets
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Circles and Stripes
Creative Craft Cottage: Pretty Pink or Halloween
Watercooler Wednesday: All About Occasions
Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday
Just For Fun Stamps: Halloween
Creative with Stamps: Halloween or Leaves
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. What a beautifully crafted card, Kate. I love the striped paper against that black base. And what a great idea to make your own mattes using that Tangerine Tango Cosmic Shimmer. I only regret that photos don't show shimmer well, it must really look great against your stamped circles. It's always such a pleasure to see the theme carried inside the card, which you've done beautifully with that die-cut gravestone and perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you felt well enough to join us. My mom started getting migraines when I was a little girl. She would be so miserable...thank goodness for modern meds! Love your stripey card and thanks for sharing this with us at JFF Stamps! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kate, love that striped DSP which is perfect for your circular sentiments and a fabulous themed way to add a sentiment to the centre of your card. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and all the sayings on it! Thanks for sharing at Just For Fun Stamps. We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Halloween card. Love all the sentiments. Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun’s Halloween challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful halloween card Rijacki. Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Halloween card. Really great use of colours. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the color and images. Very cute. Thank you for sharing with the Just For Fun October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.