13 October 2018

Friends - coloured pencil


Snoozy kitty and mouse, just perfect for an Autumn day. My card features a House Mouse image coloured with Prismacolor pencils and embellished with Autumn loveliness. 

Putting It Together 

While driving home yesterday thinking about the House Mouse challenge, I got an idea to convert a Christmas stamp into an Autumn scene. I love the kitty and mouse sleeping together.


I did a quicky layout with the stamp and some leaves I got in a card kit a few months ago. The leaves are burlap. I love the texture of the fabric as well as the embossing on them. My idea was to cover the ornament in the image with a leaf. This dry layout showed it was possible.


I stamped the image with light brown on cream Mi Tientes.


I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the image and kept track of the pencils used on a scrap of paper.


I extended the ground and covered the ornament as well.


I found an oval die to fit the image.


The image trimmed with the die.


My original idea was to make a portrait orientation. I trimmed a panel of patterned paper and did a dry layout.


I die cut a couple smaller ovals to use under the image to pop it up a little and give the thinner Mi Tientes structure.


I shifted my layout and added a die cut chain from my scrap stash for a dry layout on a kraft card base.


When adhering everything on the card, I decided not to use the chain die cut.


Inside, I added a sentiment and a strip of the patterned paper.



Supplies


Challenges

House Mouse and Friends: Halloween or Fall
Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes: Autumn Leaves
Scrapping 4 Fun: Autumn
Fab 'n' Funky: Autumn Colours
Love to Scrap: Fall Back
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes


7 comments:

  1. Wow love all your gorgeous leaves so pretty, very detailed colouring & sweet image, great take on the Option theme ..

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall.

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumn card, love the background and leaves.
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our Scrapping4fun.
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Rijacki :-) I love how you used a Christmas image to make an autum/fall card! The burlap leaves are gorgeous and I love the layout too, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of your card - perfect for our Autumn colours challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for October!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever make. Love the image and the leaves.
    Thank you for playing with us at Scrapping4fun challenges.
    Priya DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, love your card
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.