26 October 2018

Time to Take Over - colored pencil, stencilling,embossing


It's a brand new day and this little kitty ready to take over... err on.. the world! My card features a Newton's Nook image coloured with Winsor Newton coloured pencil, placed on stencilling from Dreamweaver and backed by papers from 7 Gypsies. Let's go take over.. err on.. the world!


Putting It Together

I love the kitties of Newton's Nook. I also love Dreamweaver stencils. So wonderful to use both on this project. I'm intending to send this to a kitty-lovin' friend when he has completed treatments for an ailment and is back on track to full health.


I coloured the kitty with his globe while I was at lunch at my day job. I decided to use the Winsor Newton coloured pencils I keep in my On-The-Go stash (in my purse) since I had good results with them on a couple projects of the past. This time, though, I was very disappointed with the pencils. I attempted to sharpen one, the lighter blue, and its core was just a crumbled mess past the initial factory sharpening. Even when I gave up on trying for more than the tiniest stump it crumbled as soon as I tried to use it. I finally did get a barely usable stump with the pencil carved to half its original size. I ended up making the ocean a lot darker than I intended since I had to use the darker pencil. I plan to try to contact the company this weekend when I have a bit of time to research how to get a hold of them. To say I am not pleased is a major understatement.


At home, I fussy cut the image and added Nuvo glitter marker and Glossy Accents on the globe.


One of the motivations of this card is the Inky Paws challenge and this one is a sketch.


I wanted to put a compass rose behind the kitty and his globe. The only one large enough is the new to my stash Dreamweaver stencil. I used a Gelly Roll metallic pen with the stencil.


I die cut the stencil for Newton's backing and added panels of map patterned paper from Seven Gypsies for the dry layout. The black hemp cord was from a recent card kit I got. The Sevin Gypsies paper is very slick and shiny.


I added everything to a kraft card base and popped up the compass rose with the kitty using foam mounting tape. I used the blue-y/green-y Northern Lights embossing powder from Emerald Creek to add the sentiment to the top map.


Inside, I punched a compass rose from one of the papers from the Seven Gypsies pad as a detail in the otherwise blank card.



Supplies

Challenges

Inky Paws: Sketch #83
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes



Side note: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog is my absolute favourite musical and Joss Weadon production (and I am rather a Joss fan-girl who loves all his movies and TV shows). It was a 3-part web series that's 45 minutes for the full thing: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog on Vimeo

3 comments:

  1. Newton looks so perfect with that stencil! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous use of papers! They work wonderfully with this stamp set! Thanks for sharing this gem with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at The Outlawz Challenges last week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.
    Happy crafting,
    Angela
    Twisted Thursday DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}

    theoutlawzchallenges.ning.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.