25 June 2019

Merci - stencilling, alcohol ink


My card today features a Way With Words "Thank you" on a background created with a Kraftin' Kimmie stencil, pearlescent paste, and alcohol ink.

Putting It Together 


I made this background panel a few weeks ago when I was experimenting with alcohol ink and stencilling.


I used pearlescent paste to stencil on a posterboard panel with the Wonky Chevrons. Posterboard works great with alcohol ink and is heaps cheaper than Yupo. Once the stencilling was dry, I used four alcohol inks.


You can watch how I did the alcohol ink part of the panel. It's really amazing how the inks worked with the pearlescent paste stencilling.


When I fall in love with a panel like this, I don't want to cover up it up. So, I decided to use a scrolly Way With Words die. I decided to use the French thank you because I love the shape of it and because I hadn't used it yet. Same with the scrolly underscore.


I cut the Merci and underscore from pearled cardstock and heavy white to stack them for dimension.


I wanted the inside to echo the front, so I used the same stencil with Kimmie inks in colours similar to the alcohol inks. For a soft look, I used brushes to apply the colour.


I used liquid adhesive on the calligraphy and tape runner on the panels. The alcohol ink panel was very flat or else I would have used double-sided tape.


Inside, on the soft stencilling, I added a sentiment and heart. My card is bilingual, like Canada.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: No Patterned Paper
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Thank you
Tuesday Throwdown: Keep it Simple
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
More Mixed Media: Anything Goes / Purple
Just For Fun: Use A Stencil

2 comments:

  1. This stenciled background is breathtaking! Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lovely card, Rijacki! Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.