16 June 2019

Flaming Good Day - stencilling, coloured pencil, embossing


A little dragon with fire wishing you a "flaming good day" features stencil, stamp set, and inks from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps along with BoBunny glitter paste, Koh-i-noor pencil colouring, and embossing.

Putting It Together

While looking at a water panel I made of the Waves stencil, I started to see something other than water. This project was me following that notion.



 I used makeup brushes (cheaper versions of the "Life Changing" brush) with the stencil.


I shifted the stencil and cleaned the brush between each colour.


For sparkle, I added copper glitter paste with a silicone brush with the stencil shifted again.


I die cut a frame from glitzy paper and dry fit with a sentiment. Evernote helped me find the perfect stamp set in my stash for the fire.


I die cut the frame from heavy black cardstock, too, and stacked them for dimension.


I used a diamond to die cut a panel for the sentiment that I embossed with bright orange.


And then I needed to figure our what to do for a card, so I looked at sketch challenges for inspiration. The Outlawz one fit.


 But... no flower could stand that heat. So, a little dragon that I coloured with Koh-i-noor pencils.


I did a dry fit pulling in other elements to fit the sketch and pull the card together.


I put them all on a black cardbase and added a teardrop gemstone from Queen & Company.


Inside,  I used a light yellow panel from the Lawn Fawn watercolour pad and stamped another dragon and sentiment. Rawrrr!



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Inky Challenges: #4 Stencil and Ink
Outlawz Wednesday Sketch: 12-26 June
Just For Fun: Use a Stencil
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Love To Scrap: No Rulz

1 comment:

  1. A lovely card.Thank you for joining in the Crafting From the Heart challenge..
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.