15 June 2019

Buckaroo - coloured pencil, stencilling, metal colouring, embossing


Wahoo!! Hey, Lil; Buckaroo, I hope you have a Happy Birthday. My card features a long retired stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps along with Kimmie stencil and inks, Spellbinders dies, and a butterfly from Tim Holtz. I used Prismacolor pencils for the no lines colouring.


Putting It Together

I got this partial stamp set several months ago when Kim of Kraftin' Kimmie was doing a bit of Spring cleaning and sold various retired stamps and sets she unearthed. All I have is Lulu doffing her hat, but isn't she adorable?


I stamped the image with Creamy Caramel on Bristol.


Then I coloured her in a "no lines" technique with Prismacolor pencils. No lines basically just means the stamping is hidden in the colouring.


I stamped again on masking paper and fussy cut the masking. Fussy cutting masking is heaps easier than the actual image 'cause you can cut through the image to cut out the inner bits instead of using a craft knife.


I removed the release on the masking paper and covered my coloured image. I usually do my masking on an uncoloured image and do the background first.


I die cut a shadow oval and used the reverse to add the shadow with cool grey 90% pencil before covering it, too, with a mask.


I used a brush to lightly add Creamy Caramel to the card with the mask protecting my colouring.


I then used a makeup brush (a cheaper version of the "Life Changing" brush) with the woodgrain stencil and Marvelous Mocha.


Removing the masking is like opening the mystery box. Was the masking protecting the edges? Does the image look good with the stencilling?


With the dark brown pencil, I added a wall/floor line using a straight edge.


And... done.


I decided to use one of the metal butterflies from Tim Holtz as an embellishment. I coloured the butterfly using Vintaj patina ink and buffed it with the Vintaj relief block.


I die cut a horseshoe from scrap heavy black cardstock with a retired Spellbinders die and coloured it with graphite Cosmic Shimmer. I found a quilt-like paper in my stash that added even more country flair. I stamped the sentiment with Marvelous Mocha on kraft and embossed it with clear. I trimmed the image panel with another Spellbinders die and trimmed the sentiment strip to match. The image panel and sentiment are popped up with foam mounting tape. The butterfly is added with a Glue Dot. Everything is on a kraft cardbase.


Inside, I added one more Spellbinders die cut from another kraft cardstock for a slightly different colour and then brushed with Marvelous Mocha to highlight. The birthday sentiment is also stamped with Marvelous Mocha.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Inky Challenges: #5 No Lines
Watercooler Wednesday: Occasions (birthday)
Seize the Birthday: Anything Birthday
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Butterfly
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Creative Moments: Anything Goes


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous image! I loved reading your process post and watching your creation come to life step-by-step! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the no line coloring! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect background for your cut cowgirl. The added horseshoe is perfect. Thanks for joining in at STB.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.