16 June 2019

Berry Thankful - easel


Berry Thankful easel card featuring Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and inks. 


Putting It Together

I haven't done the multi-stacking technique in a long time, so long I can't remember what it's called. It's a bit like an eclipse but I don't think that's what it's called. 



To stamp a whole panel with small stamps, I use a piece of packaging to protect the panel when moving and positioning the stamps.


I didn't have a plan where to place the berries, but just wanted to fill the card. Mmmmm raspberries. I love this time of year when they become available fresh. I stamped the raspberries on pearl cardstock for a light shimmer.


I did a dry fit for placement with the dies.


I die cut the raspberry panel and trimmed plaid panels to fit. I die cut the sentiment from the plaid and 2 from heavy white cardstock to stack.


I used the glue sponge to glue the layers of the sentiment. It's the first time I am finally using it. It's handy but I'm not sure, yet, it is amazing or better than a glue pen.


I did a dry fit on the white card base and felt it was missing something. That gave me the ideas, though to add and finish the card.


I scored the front of the card to make it an easel then trimmed the front to match the decorated panel. I added a die cut strip of the pearl cardstock for a lacy effect. The bottom strip is on the inside but visible outside, peek-a-boo.


Inside, I decorated the lower half that's visible when the easel is open. The rest of the space is for a personal sentiment. I added a thin strip of the pearl paper to act as the easel stopper and an indication of where the visible area ends.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Inky Challenge: #3 Stamp a Background
Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Berries
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. I love the stamped background! Looks YUMMY ! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage! -DT Meghan (http://www.madebymeghank.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.