14 June 2019

Hero - coloured pencil, embossing


I have the utmost of respect and appreciation for firefighters, true heroes. My card features retired Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and pencil colouring.


Putting It Together

I coloured the firefighter a few months ago and put him in my stash waiting for an opportunity to showcase him. 



I stamped the firefighter with Wicked Black on blue-grey MiTeintes and coloured him with Faber-Castell classic pencils.


I'm not sure why I think of brick with firefighters. I fussy cut the firefighter and dry fit him in a simple layout. I got the textured paper pad a couple years ago from Micheals in Christmas clearance. The texture on the bricks is fabulous.


I embossed the sentiment in white on a scrap strip of black. I added everything to a kraft cardbase, popping up the firefighter with foam mounting tape.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment in Wicked Black on a scrap strip of white for a simple detail.

Sometimes a simple layout has the most impact.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Boys to Men
Crafty Gals Corner: You're the Man
Try It On Tuesday: It's a Man's World
Pearly Sparkles: It's a Man's World
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Fridays: Theme - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. This is so lovely!! Definitely had a lot of impact with the simple layout. I want to touch those bricks! Beautiful layout and heartwarming sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect card for a man, beautifully designed and coloured.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday in our 'It's a Man's World' challenge.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice card

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Thank you for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday! Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great masculine design card, its a super image you used of the fireman. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. I love your pencil coloring and image. Great using the brick wall. Great sentiment. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Billie A
    Crafty Gals Corner
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Catch The Bug
    Creative With Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Always Fun Challenges
    Creations In Pink
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful Father's Day card!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Fathers day card and image love the brick wall background.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.