15 November 2018

Wishes - watercolour pencil, embossing, die cuts


Wishes for your birthday! Featuring a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp coloured with Nuvo watercolour pencil, an emboss and cut embossing folder from DoCrafts, and die cuts from Hero Arts and Impression Obsession.

Putting It Together

I coloured the Genie a couple months ago with the intent to put her with a Moorish background, but she sat in my packet of images for a while until I could get to her. 


I used Nuvo watercolour pencils and waterbrushes to colour up the image I stamped on heavy watercolour paper.


Before adding her to this project, I fussy cut her and added Aqua Shimmer to her veil and scarf and gold glitter marker to the gold coins and lamp.


The Diamond Lattice emboss and cut folder from DoCrafts reminds me of Moroccan tile. I used a die from the Hero Arts December My Monthly Hero Kit with an Arabian theme to expand the opening with an Arabian-ish doorway and lattice. I dry fit them together first to see how it would look.


I cut the lattice and door with lattice from the dark blue Dapper Denim which I backed with orange Pumpkin Pie in gorgeous Moorish colours.


I used gold glitter mark to highlight the embossing and add sparkle. It looks less green in person and a lot more glittery.


I did another dry fit, adding the sentiment die.


I die cut Wishes with a glitter cardstock and black to stack for a bit of dimension.


I used foam mounting tape to pop up the genie and added a light blue rhinestone for the dot over the "i".


Inside, I embossed a gold sentiment and added a white pearl panel cut with the doorway die, for a fun detail that also provides a place for a personal sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Anything Goes
Outlawz Monday Greetings: Fantasy
Watercooler Wednesday: Occasions - Birthday
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: All That Glitters is Gold
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Wowsers, great card. Love your colouring on the Genie and that background panel is perfect for her. thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work with pencils. Your card reminds me of Princess Jasmine. Love all the intricacies and attention to detail on this beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.