01 November 2018

Melody - Sheepski Designs, coloured pencil


November is upon us and the start of a new challenge for Sheepski Designs challenge blog. The challenge this month is Christmas Anything.  I used the image Melody with Christmas papers and sentiment to evoke a Christmas concert or family gathering with music.

SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog
SheepSki Designs Etsy shop
SheepSki Designs FaceBook group

Putting It Together

When Andrea showed the design team this new digi, my first thought when to my sister-in-law who plays and teaches piano. Her name isn't Melody, but that is the perfect name for this image. 



I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the image while I was at lunch at my day job. I kept track of the pencils used in the margin of the panel of Mi Teintes.


At home, I fussy cut the image so I could layer her on a background.


I die cut a pearled white cardsotck along with the edge of the image and then used an embossing folder from Stampin' Up. This is one of the new folders from this year's Christmas catalogue.


I die cut a mercury glass foiled paper as a matte and dry fit it with a patterned paper and a sentiment from a Paper Pumpkin of the past.


I embossed the sentiment with gold and adhered the matted image and patterned background to a white card base. I pondered a bit with the feeling it was missing something.


I die cut three leaves from the same pad and backed them with die-cut scraps of the pearled paper.


I added the leaves and three matt red 'rivits' to the corner and the card felt complete.


Inside I added a strip of the patterned paper and a festive sentiment.



Supplies


Challenges

Outlawz Sunday Song and Rhythms: Don't Worry, Be Happy
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday: Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. And you have created the impression just as you though that was the first thing I though of an old style family get together around a piano :) very well done Rijacki
    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet image! I can hear a Christmas carol playing. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.