07 November 2018

Warmth and Light - coloured pencil, stencil


Lighting the way with a lantern on his tail, this little mousie is sending you warmth and light. I used Daniel Smith watercolours to colour the image from the Cool Critters stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


Putting It Together


While at the Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Retreat last weekend, we could pick random challenges from a basket. When I opened the slip of paper to see "watercolour", I was in heaven.


I decided to use the Daniel Smith watercolour palettes I carry in my purse to paint this adorable mouse with his lantern. I noted the colours I used on the margin of the paper.


I brought along some patterned paper and found one in my travel stash to fit perfectly. I trimmed the image and dry fit it with the patterned paper and a sentiment from the stamp set.


I sponged the edges of the patterned paper panel with Purple Pansy which I also used for the sentiment. I brought some dies with me and borrowed a fellow krafter's Big Shot to trim the image panel before adding it to the card. Lastly, I accented the sentiment with a Glossy Dot from Pink & Main, one of the items in the schwag bag for the retreat.


Inside, I masked the center area then used the new Kraftin' Kimmie stencil, Sparkling Snowflakes, with the new ink, Bubbly Blue, both of which will be released this Saturday, to add a fun detail to the inside of the card along with another sentiment from the stamp set stamped with Purple Pansy.



Supplies


Challenges

Always Fun Challenges: Watercolour
Scribbles Designs: Winter Is Coming
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned paper: Anything Goes
The Sketchy Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love that you shared all your steps! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for November!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.