09 November 2018

Frosty Frame - die cut, colored pencil, stencil


A snowy village is perfect as a frame for a Christmas picture. The village is a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set coloured with Koh-i-Noor pencils. The snowflakes are BoBunny glitter paste with a brand new stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie, Sparkling Snowflakes, to be released on Saturday.

Putting It Together

Over the weekend I went to the first Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Retreat in London, Ontario. I brought a portion of my stash to use while I was there in addition to new items I got at the event. One of the items I brought was the mailable frame I die cut the night before I left from matboard.

I am absolutely over the moon that the new product line from Kraftin' Kimmie is stencils. I love using stencils!


On the first day of the retreat, I used Nuvo Mousse that I brought with me to colour the white matboard with a metallic light blue.


I then used washi to mask off the flaps above and below the frame and to hold the Sparkling Snowflakes stencil in place. I also masked some of the inner partial flakes. I then used a silicone brush to smear BoBunny glitter paste over the stencil. I left the frame to dry overnight.


One of the games at the retreat was the challenge basket. I drew a slip of paper with "texture". I immediately thought of the frame I had started and decided it would be perfect. I stamped the village pieces on Mi Tientes and coloured them with Koh-i-Noor pencils. I used a toothpick to add glitter paste to the roofs and trees for a sparkle of snow.


I fussy cut the village and dry fit the pieces on the frame to get a feel for positioning.


I used foam mounting tape to adhere the village pieces to give them added dimension.


To help the frame stand up on its own, I added a large square rhinestone to the inside of the bottom flap.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Scrappy: Anything But a Card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas: Use Some Glitter
Incy Wincy: Christmas
Creative Craft Cottage: Christmas Is Coming
Outlawz Festive Friday: Theme - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Monday: Make Your Own Background
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Own Mark
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Spectacular, what a lovely idea for a cardgift! So glad you joined us at Incy Wincy Christmas, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is great! I just love that window in your card.
    Thanks for joining us at CHNC!
    GerJanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! Your card frame looks wonderful with the pretty winter scene that you created 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent details! Great make!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea to create a frame - and so beautifully crafted too. Thank you for joining in the Christmas challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.