31 July 2018

24 Days of Colouring - July daily challenge from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps


For most of the month of July, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps has had a daily colouring challenge for the Facebook group. Any medium but it had to include a Kimmie stamp new, old, current, or retired. I intended to use different mediums as I went through the challenge, but time, other commitments, and convenience compelled me to use a couple more than the rest. I didn't put every image I coloured into a project... yet.


Day 1 -  8 July: I used a combination of Distress marker and Finetec Mica watercolour paints. I put the fairy on a birthday card: Fairy Birthday.


Day 2: I used Prismacolor pencils and made a sympathy card.


Day 3: At work, during lunch, I used Nuvo watercolour pencils. I used the binge-watching girl on a Popcorn Box.


Day 4: At work, my lunchtime colouring was with Daniel Smith watercolours. I put the cute little bug into a Firefly card.


Day 5: Daniel Smith watercolours again. The otter became and Otter-ly Wonderful card.


Day 6: I used Nuvo embellishment mousse with waterbrush and Distress marker accents and created a Fairy Box.


Day 7: I used a mixture of Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. I also did a bit of paper piecing. I made the image part of my Summer Goals.



Day 8 and 9: Distress markers for little mices that I put on a birthday card. I used different watercolour paper for the images.


Day 10: Nuvo watercolour pencils. I haven't put this mouse into a project yet.


Day 11 and 12: Daniel Smith watercolour. I put the girls on a Christmas card.


Day 13: Daniel Smith watercolour again. While colouring the carolers, I fell in love with Quinacridone Gold and couldn't stop thinking of the Lion. I haven't made my Oz project yet.


Day 14: It was a hot day so I used Gelatos to colour some fruit. I used them for the background of a thank you card.


Day 15: I used just one Distress marker. I haven't put this into a card yet.


Day 16, 17, and 18: Daniel Smith watercolours on the other three Oz characters. They're sitting on my desk waiting for their project along with the Lion.


Day 19: Distress Oxide for a single layer card that I made before going to work 'cause I woke up early with an idea in my head.


Day 20: A genie with Nuvo watercolour pencil.s She doesn't have a project yet.


Day 21: Nuvo watercolour pencils again. I haven't put the ballerina in a project yet.


Day 22: Nuvo watercolour pencils in the garden. No project for her yet.


Day 23: Nuvo watercolour pencils yet again. No project yet.


Day 24 - 31 July: Last day of the challenge. I decided to use Copic markers. I increased my stash of Copics earlier in the month at a garage sale hosted by a local scrapbooking store. I did this as a quick colour up before dinner.

Twenty-four days of colouring Kraftin' Kimmies. I enjoyed the challenge to colour something each day. I'm going to challenge myself to do the same next month, but not just with Kimmies. I did also do some other projects during this time, even some other colouring, but it has been harder to keep up with the other projects with so many of one maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.