08 July 2018

Fairy Birthday - Distress marker watercolour, Nuvo mousse with 3d embossing


I love purple. I love a variety of colour, too. I decided to pair a Kraftin' Kimmie fairy with an Elizabeth Craft Design calligraphy die and a fantastic 3-D embossing embellished with Nuvo mousse. The fairy was coloured with Finetec mica watercolour and Distress marker.

Putting It Together

I got this lovely fairy at a recent garage sale hosted by a local scrapbooking store. If I had the funds, I would have bought all of the Kimmies she had that I didn't. 


I used Krafty Kolours black to stamp on watercolour paper.


Using Distress markers, I start with a marker-ish technique starting with the darkest and going over that with the next lighter and adding more out. It looks real wonkey when it's just the marker.


Using a waterbrush I can blend the colours and move them where I want.


I decided I wanted a lot of magical sparkle so I used Finetec Mica watercolours with Distress marker used for shading. The gold was a bit more opaque than I intended and the Distress ink on the gold less visible.


I fussy cut the fairy leaving a margin. I later used a black Glaze Jelly Roll and white Uniball to add detail to her eyes.


I made this background a few weeks ago shortly after I got the embossing folder. I thought I had pictures of how I made it, but, alas, I cannot find any. So.. to describe. I used a blending tool to dab various colour of Nuvo Mousse (all that I had at that time) on a panel of pearl cardstock (it was handy *laugh*). Once I had the panel coloured, I ran it through with the 3-D embossing folder. That folder is COOL with a capital K! After running it through, used the blender tool lightly over the panel with the Royal Aubergine because I love that purple.


I tried a dry fit with a sentiment die and loved the fit.


I used the die to cut from glitter cardstock and darker purple cardstock to stack them.


I used Zig glue pen to adhere the cuts in the stack.


I used darker cardstock under the lilac glittered cardstock so it would look like a shadow as well as giving it dimension.


 I dry fit the stack with the fairy and... it needed something.


I dry fit a ribbon under the fairy and sentiment and it added just the right gravitas.


After adhering everything, I added lilac and purple sequins with Glossy Accents.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment with black and added a butterfly in purple. I stamped the butterfly with Purple Pansy then Versamark and finally brushed it with Grape Fiz Perfect Pearls.



Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Favourite Colour
Watercooler Wednesday: Feminine
Try It On Tuesday: Things with Wings
Crafty Friends: Fairy
Dies R Us: Anything Goes Using Dies (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Seize the Birthday: Sequins

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card project! I am in awe of it! So pleased you played along with us over at Try It On Tuesday! Your participation is much appreciated! Thank you very much!
    oxo Susi
    (DT- Try It On Tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the background. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background you have created for this card! The subtle colors really make for a perfect fairy landing! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation and I love how you shadowed the sentiment die! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That embossed background really shines with the colours you used. A perect background for the impish-looking fairy. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with the sweet fairy! Lovely background and sentiment, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every fairy needs a few sequins! I love that embossed background. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.